OT: Bolton is deeply unpopular pick among ZH readers

Not one of Trump's better appointments according to this (usually conservative) mob:

Cursitor Doom

Too bad. So sad. My kind of guy... he'll cut you a new asshole if you look at him cross-eyed ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it, But the instruction of fools is folly. Proverbs 16:22

' Described by critics as abrasive, confrontational and, in one case, "unhinged" '

In today's twitterati world, you can find all the critics you want, of most anything or anybody. Or just claim that the un-named critics exist, which is less work and probably true, somewhere.

Bolton makes a lot of sense to me.

lunatic fringe electronics

100% mouth, chickenhawk draft evader:

During the 1969 Vietnam War draft lottery, Bolton drew number 185. (Draft n umbers corresponded to birth dates.)[27] As a result of the Johnson and Nix on administrations' decisions to rely largely on the draft rather than on t he reserve forces, joining a Guard or Reserve unit became a way to avoid se rvice in the Vietnam War.[28] Bolton enlisted in the Maryland Army National Guard in 1970 rather than wait to find out if his draft number would be ca lled.[29] (The highest number called to military service was 195.)[30] Afte r serving in the National Guard for four years, he served in the United Sta tes Army Reserve until the end of his enlistment two years later.[31] He wr ote in his Yale 25th reunion book "I confess I had no desire to die in a So utheast Asian rice paddy. I considered the war in Vietnam already lost."[32 ] In an interview, Bolton discussed his comment in the reunion book, explai ning that he decided to avoid service in Vietnam because "by the time I was about to graduate in 1970, it was clear to me that opponents of the Vietna m War had made it certain we could not prevail, and that I had no great int erest in going there to have Teddy Kennedy give it back to the people I mig ht die to take it away from."[33][34]

Your kind of guy, huh...

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Bit too bellicose for my tastes at any rate, but if you need someone to robustly confront China about their various evils, he could be the very chap?

Cursitor Doom

That's the Trump mode. He wrote a book about it.

The people on our side should do whatever works.

lunatic fringe electronics

[snip]

What a f*****ad you are, bloggs! I had a secret clearance before I graduated MIT, and, assigning numbers to the methods of killing I devised, I'm responsible for far more enemy dead than _any_ serviceman... in fact I'd guess you _never_ served in the armed forces yourself... you're clearly a pansy.

But I didn't "serve"... oh, woe is me >:-}

(Actually _you_ are a Ted Kennedy type... blame everyone but yourself for your own incompetence... though you need to hurry... bitrex is rapidly overtaking you for group buffoon :-) ...Jim Thompson

      Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it,
      But the instruction of fools is folly.  Proverbs 16:22

Correction: My devices were designed to "maim".... much more effective than "kill" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

[...]

That's quite an extrapolation of the low voltage power supply for the TOW. Vietnam was not that high tech.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

ar 2018 11:51:49 -0700 (PDT),

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

24 Mar 2018 14:30:46 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom

wrote:

of Trump's better appointments according to this (usua lly

/ycdmh46d

.. he'll cut you a new asshole if

cross-eyed ;-)

evader:

[...]

John_R._Bolton

[snip]

a secret clearance before I

igning numbers to the methods of killing I

I'm responsible for far more enemy dead than _any_

serviceman... in fact I'd guess you _never_ served in the armed forces

y.

eryone but yourself

ough you need to hurry... bitrex is

ing you for group buffoon :-)

You'll have to explai n in simple words what relevance your background has to Bolton's. Sorry to be so dim tonight.

If the wac kypedia article is correct, in that respect Bolton do es look like he freely gives other people's lives rath er than his own.

Compare Bolton with that French p oliceman in the news, Lt-Col Arnaud Beltrame, who tra ded himself for a hostage, and died. Now /that/ is he roism.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Unsurprising that you think that, since he's bellicose against your favourite news source, Russia.

That's consistent with your being Putin's puppet.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Providing you have a clear and pre-agreed definition of "works".

"Be careful what you wish for; you might get it".

Reply to
Tom Gardner

[...]

Cluster bomb fuses is the only thing that would fit that claim. You can be proud of the thousands of little Asian children you crippled and killed. Ma ybe the Agent orange nozzle valve actuator? That would put a million cancer death notches on your belt, and untold damage to the innocent wildlife and environment there.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

[...]

I was calling Bolton the draft evader, not you. I know you have disability from polio. You can't be an evader if you have a legitimate disqualificatio n.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

]snip]

[snip]

There you go with the same ignorance level as from bitrex. My TOW designs were early '70's.

My war tools were in two eras, early '60's, then early '90's.

'Tis a shame you're so f..king ignorant.

Sheeeesh! ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it, But the instruction of fools is folly. Proverbs 16:22

He would have been my first choice. He's not much of a fan of the UN and wasn't when he was the ambassador, either. Perfect qualification.

Reply to
krw

Well, then: blockade China. China is getting too big for its boots and it only thrives through blatantly unfair trading practices that would

*never* be allowed in the West.

Cursitor Doom

Assad has stopped dropping poison gas on villages. Our company's Federal income rate dropped from 38 to 21 per cent. Kim has suspended rocket and nuke tests. So far, so good.

lunatic fringe electronics
[snip]
[snip]

If you had half a memory cell still functional you would recall (from past posts here) that I balked at participating on the Claymore mine development... that was too indiscriminate for even me. ...Jim Thompson

      Understanding is a fountain of life to one who has it,
      But the instruction of fools is folly.  Proverbs 16:22

be proud of the thousands of little Asian children you crippled and killed. Maybe the Agent orange nozzle valve actuator? That would put a million can cer death notches on your belt, and untold damage to the innocent wildlife and environment there.

There's no electronics in the Claymore. There is the hand cranked mini-gene rator and continuity tester it uses for command detonation of an electric c ap, but that's about it. You must be thinking about something else.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred