OT: Bluetooth Connection Troubles

I have never been able to use Bluetooth effectively with a PC. I don't know if the drivers are crap or if no one else uses it so they've never bothered to make it work properly. Many years ago I had a Bluetooth GPS which would not stay connected to a Palm Pilot two feet away. I had oh, so many troubles trying to even get it connected to a PC. Over the years I have tried Bluetooth with a number of devices and the only thing that works fairly well is a Bluetooth earpiece with a cell phone. Any idea what software they use on a device like an earpiece?

Right now I am trying to transfer files between a PC and an Samsung Tab A Android tablet. I can get the two devices to do the initial handshake where they agree on a psskey and the tablet says it is paired. The PC says it is not. The PC (Win 8) doesn't seem to provide a way to force a pairing. That has to come from the tablet. If I unpair on the tablet to try again it never reconnects saying "Unable to pair with ..., Make sure ... is ready to pair"

I've tried removing the paring and letting the two start over with the same results.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there another setup I need to do on the PC to complete the connection?

--

Rick C

on the centerline of totality since 1998
Reply to
rickman