ot Beans

My lazy, good-for-nothing, former baseball pitcher, son-in-law (who is also my personal financial manager) has never cooked a thing in his life, but now wants to learn to cook a "signature dish." So his Christmas present will be a Beans and Rice kit, with ingredients and directions. I may do the first batch with him, teach him how to boil water and such.

Here are his directions:

If you have too much turkey today, make broth and then beans.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

onsdag den 25. december 2019 kl. 19.02.12 UTC+1 skrev John Larkin:

you forgot to mention that an importance of keeping well hydrated with alcoholic beverages while cooking

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

Whoa, that's no ordinary beans & rice! You're making him jump in at the deep end.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Lasse Langwadt Christensen wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@googlegroups.com:

Everything's better with beer butter on it.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

lol

I can visualise him barfing from not cooking the beans right

There are some very easy dishes out there that can impress some people. Cooking would be overstating it, more mixing.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Rum Cake

Before you start, sample the rum and check for quality. Good isn't it? Now go ahead. Select a large mixing bowl, measuring cup, etc. and check the rum again for quality. It must be just right. Try it again.

With an electric mixer, beat 1 cup better in large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon sugar and beat again. Meanwhile, make certain the rum is of finest quality. Add 2 large eggs and 2 cups of fried fruit and beat until very high. If the fruit gets stuck in the beaters, just pry it loose with a screwdriver.

Sample the rum once again to check for quality. To the fruit mixture, sift in 3 cups baking powder and a pinch of rum, 1 teaspoon soda and 1 cup pepper or salt. Anyway fon't dret. Just sample the rum again and fist in 1/2 pint of jumon luice. Ford in chopped buttermilk and the strained nuts. Sample rum again.

Now add 1 bablespoon sworn burger or whatever color is available. Mix well. Grease oven and curn on take pan to 350 degrees. Pour the whole mess in the oven. Cake tum rake out after mifty finutes.

Reply to
RosemontCrest

For amusement and a good antidote to Christmas, there's always

Many of the blog posts contain phrases like "walk in the other direction", "run away", "dive out the door", "carom off trees and dive into ponds".

Reply to
Tom Gardner

You're a bad humorist too.

--

John Larkin   Highland Technology, Inc   trk

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

A popular variation is to add kieselguhr.

Reply to
whit3rd

Make sure that when you are done, you slam the beaker down on the table firmly.