OT: After 56 years, it all comes back as easy as bicycle riding...

After 56 years, without ever firing any kind of gun, it all comes back as easy as bicycle riding...

Six shots each, from a Glock 9mm and an S&W BG380 (which I like best, it's lighter and fits my hand better).

Range: 30'

Standing, one-handed, ear-plugs.

I'll now sign up for the training class and get my CCW certificate.

I also fired an AR15 using various ammo types... what a marvelous instrument... I could shoot a liberal at 300 yards and put it right between their eyes... but that's cheating, what with the outstanding scope plus laser "mark"... I need to practice on a moving target to make it more "sporting" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

training to become the next Breivik?

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Welcome back Jim. OK for 10 yards one hand, ear plugs, (safety glasses?) Please don't even joke about shooting liberals, keep it in you fantasy world. Tom NRA pistol instructor.

Reply to
Tom Biasi

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

So Jim, just wondering.... can you hit a moose from a helicopter?

:)

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

=A0 =A0 ...Jim Thompson

=A0 =A0| =A0 =A0mens =A0 =A0 |

=A0 | =A0 =A0 et =A0 =A0 =A0|

=A0|

=A0 =A0 =A0 |

Not bad for a six foot circle ;)

ok, ok I'll scale the holes to find the dimesnions, jeesh!

Reply to
Robert Macy

...snip ... >

Another sad example of someone that thinks that his manhood is proven by the size of the gun that he fires and the threats that he makes.

Really sad!!!

Dan

Reply to
Dan Coby

[snip]

The black is 11.75" in diameter, I don't know if there's a size significance. Some were shooting at people shapes ;-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Yep... the whole safety routine... range manager, flags, etc.

It'll remain only a fantasy... unless the election foments a depression... then it's going to be Darwin survival rules... gun sales in AZ are out-of-sight! ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Some people have no sense of humor... what is it we refer to them as... "liberals" ?:-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

Have some cheese with your whine.

Reply to
tm

While munching on my wife's version of Batali's Spaghettini, Peas and Pancetta :-) I realized I responded to your bone-headed crap without doing some thinking myself.

The size of my gun isn't the issue. Why, as I stand here at 72 years of age, did I never before consider a need to be armed... I last held a rifle as a Boy Scout (Life BTW)... why do I now feel a need to be armed?

Why is that? I'm not alone... gun sales are at an EXTREME ALL-TIME HIGH.

Answer that.

And shove the size of your gun up your own arse. ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

No, they would send Jim out to wrestle the moose down, just like in Wild Kingdom. ;D

Martin Riddle

Jim, You may wish to join us at alt.rec.guns and/or alt.guns. You will get many more comments like this guy gives but at least they are on topic. As one of our members liked to say: " Too old to fight, too old to run, that's why I sir, carry a gun.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

;-)

Better than Larkin and his (Louisiana) "Swamp People" :-) ...Jim Thompson

 Click to see the full signature

WTF? I didn't much care for the crack about using Liberals for target practice, but the man was simply expressing pleasure that after a lifetime he still remembered how to fire a weapon and hit something. This is not as simple as it may sound.

Not everyone who uses or owns a firearm is a bloodthirsty, pinheaded cretin bent on violence and mayhem, substituting a big gun for a small dick. Sure, some of those exist. But there are actually legitimate reasons for owning a weapon. Self-defense comes to mind. In case you hadn't noticed, things have gotten ugly in recent years.

Defending yourself with deadly force is a terrible thing to do. It sucks. The only thing that sucks worse than that is allowing yourself to become a victim of violence through inaction or apathy.

There's a time to talk, and a time to fight. If the time to fight comes, you'd better have something to fight with.

And I say this as a Liberal, FWIW.

--
With listening comes wisdom, with speaking repentance.
Reply to

I guess your new here....

JT has been professing his desire to shot a liberal for YEARS.

All of a sudden, he decides he needs to pick up a gun and "practice". After 56 YEARS !!

Now he will never admitted that Parkinsons has taken over his mind.

But you have to ask, "what is the goal" ??

What does a 70+ year old, well to do, middle class (sorry Jim) guy need to "practice" for ?!?!

Ghosts in the closet ?

hamilton

PS: I like the "pinheaded cretin" comment. :-)

Reply to
hamilton

Camel Toe Alert!!!

Hahahaha!

Ewwww... nevermind, I take that back!

I can "do it" with a .17 cal sabot where the DU pin that hits you is just over 3mm in dia.

VERY tiny.

Also quite effective, however. Pierces ANY personnel armor.

Can even be fired sub-sonic if carefully custom loaded.

The dart WILL go in the dart board.

Reply to
TheGlimmerMan

You could get arrested for remarks like that too.

Just thought I'd mention that since "folks'" sensibilities have gotten pretty convoluted these past 20 years.

When you make a remark like that, you should qualify it with something like "when and if all hell breaks loose this December 21st.

It still would not get you off, however. That remark was a bad one.

Just so you know, I am not a "liberal" by any measure.

Reply to
Chairman Meow

=A0 =A0 =A0 =A0...Jim Thompson

Your brain has suddenly started turning to mush? Terms like Alzheimer's disease and senile dementia do come to mind.

Guns have become cheaper than they used to be, and US citizens have more disposable income; as people get richer they spend more on idiotic luxuries which they don't really need. The US obesity index is also at an all-time high - and getting higher every year - for exactly the same reason - fat-headedness.

I'd hesitate to suggest that you might take your own advice - not having a gun of my own, it's irrelevant to me and everybody else with enough sense left to do cost-benefit analysis.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

On a sunny day (Thu, 31 May 2012 18:00:18 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson wrote in :

Alzheimer?

Did you know that when you look into the hole there is a little thing that comes out if you pull the trigger?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje