OT: About America in this NG

Peculiar folks those Americans. Though I've never been there I learned something about them. Most of it by reading newsgroups.

Although they did not invent the computer they have a typical binary way of ordering their society. There are two groups, the white and the black. The whites, often called Caucasians, have their roots mainly in western Europe. All others are considered to be black. Some subgroup off blacks named themselves Afro-Americans although a lot of them may not even know what Africa is or where to find it. But even if they find it out some day, I doubt they want to go and live there. One real Afro-American is running around at the moment. He is a real Afro-American because he has a black African father and a white American mother. He is, of course, considered to be black. He has to do something in politics but nobody, even he himself, seems to know exactly what he does.

Speaking politics, there are also two groups. The leftist weenies and the rightist braves. The leftist spent the money the rightist earn - or so they say. As America is said to be a democracy, the main peoples representative, the president is chosen by an honest voting system: One man one vote. Nevertheless the candidate with lesser votes can win the elections and become the president.

In this NG, engaged in electronics when there are no political issues, there are several braves active. One even wants to start a new political party which cannot succeed. American brains have no place for more the two parties. Leftist weenies are seldom heard. They off course can post if they want to - so they can be told how wrong they are - but they keep silent most of the times. The one that comes nearest is not an American and does not even live in the States but he's an Aussie that lives or lived in Europe though he seems to be back down under at the moment.

So far what I learned from reading but correct me if I'm wrong J One day I hope to cross the pond and have a look by myself.

petrus bitbyter

Reply to
petrus bitbyter

Design any interesting electronics lately?

Precision electronic instrumentation
Custom timing and laser controllers
Photonics and fiberoptic TTL data links
1) There are no leftist weenies 2) The right wingers are moochers. Money flows from the liberal to the conservatives. Arizona, land of the freeloaders.
Reply to
miso

Indeed, leftists have no weenies.

The money goes to, by Federal fiat, to support illegals. If we could shoot them as they cross the borders, we could export money.

At least, in Arizona, we males know that you have sex with a female

...Jim Thompson

No weenies and no leftists. There are two political parties: fascists and kommunists. Although fascist and kommunist beliefs are bit different, both parties think everybody owes them; while in fact they owe to everybody.

Sure. As long as this is within a wedlock, missionary position, consent age of 50 years old and other restrictions apply.

VLV

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

Fool.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'm almost 73, and my preference is woman-on-top >:-}

Why do Europeons think we, on the right financially, are bible thumpers?

Because the Dems push that as our image?

In actual fact, read your history, Dems are the bible thumpers AND the racists.

Watch "Lincoln" as an example... and that movie was made by a leftist... by Phoenix' own Steven Spielberg, graduate of Arcadia High School. ...Jim Thompson

That explains your pathetically simple-minded and inaccurate opinion.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I suspect you are referring the "one" that's me who wants to start the American Entitlement Party.

My post was somewhat in jest, because I think the government takes to much money from taxpayers and distributes it to those who have either, not figured out how to make it in the land of plenty, or have figured out how to live off of others labor in the land of plenty. Even those living under the poverty level (we call them poor) seem to be able to get their fingernails painted by someone who often has come to this country and does not speak the language well, but HAS figured out how to earn a living and acquire assets. Many of the poor have big screen tv's, cable tv and internet. They also have air conditioning and an automobile. They have cellphones usually a smart phone. Many of us who aren't on government subsidies don't have smart phones and our wives don't get their fingernails painted by others, because we are spending money we earned, not money given to us. This gives us a bad feeling about welfare, even though we understand it is needed in many situations. Poor in America is not like poor in a third world country. The benefit of having the American Entitlement Party is, there are people that think we need more entitlements, if they all voted for the American Entitlement Party presidential candidate, most of that vote would come from the Democratic candidate, this would benefit the Republican candidate. That was the purpose of my rant.

We would be happy to see you!

Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Studies have shown conservatives have a better, richer and more variety in their sex life, and they have it more often. It's not just the wine that keeps Thompson so lively! Mikek

Reply to
amdx

Heil Bush!

Reply to
Vladimir Vassilevsky

In his early-80's my father inquired if I was still getting sex... he said that he was... annoyed the crap out of my sister, because our mother had only been dead for two years, and he was already "dating" ;-) ...Jim Thompson

That's what we tell all of the Snowbirds. As they are heading north for the summer. ;-)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Even though he can't spell worth 'shitch'?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

e in

nd

oth

age

These studies followed studies that showed that conservative had more money to spend on books than liberals, but they'd only spend it on books that portrayed them favourably.

Lying flattery sells to conservatives, who can't do the critical thinking required to detect that they are being ripped off by flatterers. Economists have noticed this too.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

(snip interesting analysis)

He's dutch AFAICT but for some reason he seems able to enter this country and live here with impunity.

Reply to
pedro

He only thinks he does. He's like Slogman.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

No. His wife had a job there, but he's home to roost in OZ so you're stuck with him now that she's retired.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Quite like.

Reply to
krw

He doesn't have a say in American politics. He's interested in it because the defects of the American political system have consequences fir the rest of the world. He's like me only in the sense that he has his own opinions, and they are mostly rational.

Mike Terrell does have his own opinions, but most of them are standard issue right-wing nitwit fodder that he was spoon-fed by the Florida press - Heil Jeb Bush - while krw is famous for having just one opinion, which is that he agrees exactly with every right-wing nitwit who posts here who make more money than he does.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to