Odd Circuit, OP Amp over OP Amp

-----------------------------------snip---------------------------------

Spot on! Thanks Fred. Now to crank up LT Spice and play around a bit.

RichK.

Reply to
Rich K.

Dunno- have never worked with them.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Thanks all. Much food for thought.

Reply to
Rich K.

The easy way to cure that, AND dissipation factor problems as well...

Discovered that while trying to make very low frequency hybrid filters for Teltone in the early '70's.

...Jim Thompson

Interesting, Thanks!.. I've never had much of an issue with cap dissipation.. (I just use expensive caps :^)

One 'issue' with your circuit is it's got a lot more R's to change if one wants to change the Q or freqeucny. (Hmm can I get a Q higher than 2?)

You should write a book with your circuit ideas, implementations. I'd pay a few hundred for it... maybe you can get some cute young thing to help with editing...(as long as the wife doesn't object. :^)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

When I was manufacturing those filters, I was making them by the bucket-load, resistors were thick-film, sand-blasted to trim, all automated.

An added feature is that you still have one OpAmp available if you are using a quad, so you can easily get a complex zero as well. ...Jim Thompson

using a quad, so you can easily get a complex zero as well. "

I wonder why there are so few with three, or five in the package. Why not seven ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Is it something to do with common centroid design?

--

John Devereux
Reply to

Pin count and package size. ...Jim Thompson

-- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | | San Tan Valley, AZ 85142 Skype: Contacts Only | | | Voice:(480)460-2350 Fax: Available upon request | Brass Rat | | E-mail Icon at

[snip, full listing at Message-ID: ]

Getting back to actually looking at it, I'm not sure if it does _anything_ at all.

I'll write-out the full-up loop equations and see for sure when I have a free moment ;-) ...Jim Thompson

I cut out the cap's and then pushed the freq up around 1MHz or so and it showed the some Bandwidth improvement. (But I didn't check any numbers... just played.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Goo idea! Easy to implement with my LoopGain checker macro. ...Jim Thompson

Always found it strange that there have been so many chips in DIP14 (and SO-14 and others since) with scads of N/C pins. uA723, LM319, even a MCP4922 DAC I'm playing with. They'd fit quite nicely in 10 pin packages, but no one ever invested in that, DIPs have always gone 4, 6, 8, 14, 16, ...

I have seen MSOP and DFN styles with nontraditional pin counts. I guess miniaturization is finally forcing frugal pin counts on such things.

Tim

-- Seven Transistor Labs Electrical Engineering Consultation Website:

Tim Williams

Simulation of circuit (using original TL084 specifications) yields strange results...

3.5dB peaking at 239KHz, then roll-off normally

Phase flatness extends slightly, then is exactly 45° at the frequency peak, then returns to follow same curve as a single OpAmp implementation does.

I have no clue what originator was trying to accomplish. ...Jim Thompson