ne555 1amp for 2 sec - will it last?

My WLM newsreader automatically word-wraps with CRLF for newsgroups, and I think the line width is adjustable. But when replying with quoted text, as in this case, I have to remove the CRLFs in order for it to properly add the ">"s for indenting. When I reply to Bill Sloman's posts, I don't need to do that, and I can read them just fine because the text is auto-word-wrapped to the size of the window I have chosen.

Paul

Reply to
P E Schoen

I haven't found the magic setting in Agent. ...at least one that doesn't cause more problems than it solves. I generally just skip over Google Groupie's blatherings.

Reply to
krw

somebody who is cognitively challenged - as you certainly are. There's no implication that the wits that you have left are up to much.

which "half-wit" certainly is - when an idiom, by definition, means something different from the naive interpretation of the word-cluster that forms the idiom - is precisely the sort of dim-witted trick you pull all the time, because you don't have the sense to know better.

If you'd been paying attention, you'd have been aware that DecadentLinuxUser has the same problem - a lame usernet reader - and when I'm posting for him I use my copy of Thunderbird to post stuff via eternal-september, as I'm doing now.

Thunderbird doesn't have any problem wrapping the text to fit the window I'm using to read it - you might want to think about up-grading your software. It does automatically impose the 72-character line length limit on stuff I type, which is why I use for stuff intended for the terminally conservative.

Groups.Google offers better search access to sci.electronics.design, which is why I prefer to use it. You would probably find it confusing.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Thunderbird does the same - when used as a newsreader. When posting it imposes the 72-chartacter line length limit, but when displaying it fits long lines (if present) to the window size.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Krw knows everything already, so he's happy to ignore anything that might disagree with what he knows to be right - which is mostly far-right.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Hit the "O" key to enable/disable word wrap.

-- Jeff Liebermann snipped-for-privacy@cruzio.com

150 Felker St #D
Santa Cruz CA 95060
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Reply to
Jeff Liebermann