Motor speed control via back-EMF detection

LOL!

The only reason I'm using a PIC micro and a FET is because both of those items happen to be sitting in my junkbox gathering dust. The 8-pin PIC12F615 is 50p in one-off for DIL, or 45p if you prefer the SOIC package. Total parts cost including a small FET is probably about 75p (or US $1.50)... hardly worth worrying about. The PIC has an internal oscillator, PWM, A/D and a 20mA output stage -- if you disable MCLR, you don't even need the external reset pullup resistor.

But yes, it's overkill... Not on a Heath Robinson or Rube Goldberg scale, but still overkill.

Thanks,

--
Phil.
usenet08@philpem.me.uk

I wonder if TI ever reaches down into those price categories. They'll have to, since Atmel does it as well.

Still, I'd have done it sans micro. Just for kicks.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.