more audio-phoolery

Super SATA Cables on Sale Soon "the Super SATAs reject interference significantly better than the standard cables and in so doing lower the noise floor revealing greater low-level musical detail and presentational improvements in the soundstage and the =91air=92 around instruments" . . . .

Reply to
langwadt

Do they mark the cables left and right?

Reply to
Richard Henry

One thing he got right:

"I have disabled Comments on this post so that respectable visitors do not have to read the remarks made by a small number of extremely ignorant, rude, malicious and disingenuous individuals who cannot tolerate people expressing opinions that do not concur with their own."

Reply to
Richard Henry

The ones are one-ier and the zeros, rounder.

Quantum Mechanics: The dreams stuff is made of.
Reply to
Paul Hovnanian P.E.

On a sunny day (Thu, 19 Aug 2010 13:05:22 -0700 (PDT)) it happened " snipped-for-privacy@fonz.dk" wrote in :

What they probably mean is those are beter shielded, and prevent interference into the analog audio part. some sound cards are not really quiet, pick up some noise from the stuff in the PC or from the supply. Dunno if it is 24 bit audio could make some difference. So would the bang bang of walking ants.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

ence into

in the PC

he used it for a NAS, so pc was at other end of several meters of ethernet cable :)

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

Now: Error 404 - Not Found.

*snort*
Reply to
JW

On a sunny day (Thu, 19 Aug 2010 16:46:19 -0700 (PDT)) it happened " snipped-for-privacy@fonz.dk" wrote in :

OK, maybe cable is microphonic :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Fri, 20 Aug 2010 11:56:14 GMT) it happened Jan Panteltje wrote in :

What I actually ment is: maybe it makes a noise (audio, mechanical) when data pulses through it. Some ceramic caps do, maybe it is isolated with sound damping material. ;-) Or have I just discovered a new market segment?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

JW - Before snorting - presumeably with derision - you might have taken the trouble to find out why the item has been removed from the website:

The reason is:

"I have withdrawn the article that appears to have upset so many computer enthusiasts.

I realise that the opinion I expressed in it was contentious but the reaction from some individuals was way too extreme. I think that wishing death upon someone because they wrote how they witnessed a change in the way their hi-fi sounded when they swapped a cable in a NAS is a bit of an over-reaction. Anyone in my office, including my wife and children, can read my email and they were not impressed by this and the volume of similarly aggressive correspondance."

Now I personally doubt the audible effects of different digital cables but I find it truly disgusting that the holder of such opinions had been intimidated from expressing them.

Michael Kellett

Reply to
Michael Kellett

It must make the ones pointier too!

One of his Tuning tips....

Nial.

Reply to
Nial Stewart

LOL. Typical market-droid 'Journo'. Say anything sensational with no regard whatsoever if it's true as the only questions that matter are 'Will it increase circulation?', 'Will we be sued?' and 'Do they advertise with us?'!

Reply to
Ian M

he

way

ead

t I

Based on the level of judgement displayed in the articles referenced here, I would like to see what message he thought was a death threat before tking his word on it.

Reply to
Richard Henry

So, you're in favor of fraud? After all it's just free expression; stopping it would be "censorship". Right?

Reply to
krw

And even more important, do they have arrows on the cables to show which way the music flows?

Ed

Reply to
ehsjr

Everyone knows that music flows from low pressure to high pressure!

Reply to
Jeff Johnson

So you're in favour of a death penalty for fraud/misundertanding/stupidity/bad_experimental_technique etc.

But it isn't fraud if the man actually believes it - and it looks as if he does. And it *could* be true - perhaps the cable he swapped out was faulty.

A bit of tolerance never hurts and you get into more interesting conversations.

Michael Kellett.

Reply to
Michael Kellett

You're stating "facts" not in evidence.

Ah, so you're in favor of selling rat poison across the counter as a miracle cure, as long as you believe it is a cure.

Passive aggression is always a fun tactic, eh?

Reply to
krw

Since you have decided to interpret defence of free speech as support for the subject (although I made it perfectly clear that I did not) there is obviously no point in continuing this discussion.

But I can't help pointing out:

Actually rat poison (Warfarin) is used as an anti-coagulant and has saved the lives of a great many people (by preventing strokes) - it only seemed a ridiculous example to you because you weren't aware of that.

Michael Kellett

Reply to
Michael Kellett

If this is true, I agree. My assumption was that there were many complaints of fraud, which would be true.

[...]

I more than doubt...

Reply to
JW