magic vlsi: resistance extraction

Hello there, I'm trying to understand how magic extracts resistance to a .sim file.

I'm using the default scmos.tech of magic and i have created a rectangle (2 by 7) with polysilicium. A sim file was extracted and the output is as follows: | units: 100 tech: scmos format: MIT R a_0_n2# 84

A second sim file was extracted from a similar rectangle but twice the width that is (4 by 7) and the output is: | units: 100 tech: scmos format: MIT C a_0_n2# GND 2.9 R a_0_n2# 42

Ok if I follow the simple R =3D =FE*L /A relation where =FE is the resistivity, L : the length in this case 7 A :the area (H*W), so R =3D (=FE/H) L/W by this ratio I have =FE/H =3D 24.

Where and how magic sets =FE/H to be 24 when the scmos.tech allows

2=2E0/1.6/1.2 =B5m ? Is there a table somewhere which defines the resistance/=B5m for
  • metal1,metal2,metal3
  • ndiff,pdiff
  • polysilicium
  • ... with respect to 2.0/1.6/1.2 =B5m ?

google wasn't useful this time.

regards, Chitlesh

Reply to
Clunixchit