Insulated copper

On Tue, 7 Jul 2015 16:15:09 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@bid.nes" Gave us:

No they are not. They are separated in a Tesla design, *perhaps*, but regular transformers are only a couple volts per turn, and there is no need for such separations. They get separated layer by layer, not turn by turn. And they also don't have moveable taps except in auto-transformer/variac configurations. A secondary on a POWER transformer *sometimes* has a 5% plus tap on it to make up for end-of-the-line drops.

This is Usenet. Learn to properly limit your line lengths, webtard boy.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Yes, they are.

You were "making shit up" specifically about Tesla coils and got called on it.

Get over it.

I'm using the Google Groups interface that does what it damned well pleases with line lengths. What *I* see looks fine. You don't like it, figure out how to configure your "real newsreader" to display them "properly".

Grow the f*ck up already.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

On Tue, 7 Jul 2015 23:17:35 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@bid.nes" Gave us:

No I was not. I have seen SINGLE layer secondaries, but there are NONE which have any recursive layering.

And ALL have each turn nested right next to the previous. The VPT is too low for it to be a problem. I made nothing up, putz. That is what you get called on, goddamned punk.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

On Tue, 7 Jul 2015 23:17:35 -0700 (PDT), " snipped-for-privacy@bid.nes" Gave us:

Take your own advice, webtard on Usenet dumbfuck.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

All the ones I've seen have the secondary spaced. either using the thread cutting lead screw on a lathe to wind it, or winding two wires in paralllel and when finished removing one

Volts per turn is in the hundereds

--
umop apisdn
Reply to

On 8 Jul 2015 09:34:55 GMT, Jasen Betts Gave us:

Considering that even single strength mag wire has a 1500 volt insulation strength, there is no need. And I doubt your numbers too.

Nice try though.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

Perhaps you can point out for me where multilayer Tesla secondaries were cited in this thread.

Unless you made it up?

Oh, you've examined every Tesla coil ever built, have you?

Did you make that up, too?

Depends on the coil design. Also there's proximity effect to consider, but that may be beyond you.

That remains to be seen, shmoonda.

Your superstitious worldview does not interest me, and your opinion of my personal worth has no value.

You must have an abysmal self image. Not only is your nym a prime example of egotism, you constantly denigrate others in order to make yourself feel superior.

Is it working?

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752

It took you *three* replies to get around to that?

Are you going to get around to writing another post admitting that you were wrong about why Tesla primaries are often made of spacewound copper tubing and that they often do indeed have tuning taps, and that I was right?

Oh, by the way; there's another good electrical reason to use spacewound tubing rather than closewound solid wire. Care to guess? You obviously don't know as much about Tesla coils as you think you do but you might hit it purely by luck.

Mark L. Fergerson

Reply to
Alien8752