Houston we have a problem ?! No HDMI on TRX40 motherboards ?!

EEEEEEEHHHHH.

Seen one TRX40 motherboard from gigabyte extreme edition and one from asus rog... both do not have HDMI ?! WTF ?!? (Check youtube)

I am looking forward to having HDMI on my new computer and now the horror is the new threadripper 3 motherboards DON'T HAVE HDMI connectors ?!

WTF ?!

How I am supposed to connect my PC to receiver for 7.1 digital audio ?!

HDMI is only connection that can do it beautifully ?!

WTF ?!

Big oversight it seems on motherboard designers ?!

WOW.

BUY YOURSELF a DENON 7.1 Receiver or any other brand, hook it up to 7 speakers and 1 subwoofer.

And use a LAPTOP for HDMI connection to receiver.

AND TELL ME THAT IS NOT AWESOME ! ;) :) =D

So now a LAPTOP can do better audio than a THREADRIPPER 3 ?!

THIS IS HELL COMING DOWN TO EARTH.

Hopefully Creative Labs has some HDMI audio extensions cards ?!

This will obstruct airflow somewhat to graphics cards so now WE ARE BACK IN 2006 ! or worse.

Anyway, another possibility I can think of is Graphics Cards HDMI connectors, maybe a dual HDMI graphics card or one with an unused slow could be used.

But again this is not ideal and puts some pressure on purchasing just the correct graphics card ?!

(SPDIF/toslink fiber optic is only 2 channel stereo, 5.1 with dolby crap, not good enough)

Bye for now, Skybuck.

Reply to
skybuck2000

Damn for those still living in the stone age of audio, check out this video:

It uses a graphics card to connect to the receiver.

This is not ideal.

During booting of PC it will get confused and might not understand which is the primary display and the boot screen might not show, like boot options, press F2 to go into boot menu or bios options.

To be able to see this text it might be required to pull out the hdmi cable to the receiver. ?!

Bye for now, Skybuck.

Reply to
skybuck2000