High-Q Bandpass Filter for 10 GHz

Pozar has an example of a circular copper air-filled cavity resonator at 5 GHz, having a Q of 42,000. Dielectric resonators run more in the

3000 range you cite.

John

Learn how to make good cavities.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

the tuning rods for resonant cavities are made of invar to minimize thermal drift.

Mark

Reply to
Mark

Do you mean unloaded Q or loaded Q ? An unloaded Q of 10,000 is probably not unreasonable for silver plated waveguide cavities, but in practice a filter bandwidth of less than 10 MHz (loaded Q of 1000) is not normally seen at 10 GHz.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Kavanagh

Hi,

we are looking for a bandpass filter with Q-Factor about 10000 for the central frequency near 10 GHz.

Unfortunately the best offer we got till now is Q-factor about 3000.

Any idea where can we ask for the device?

Georgy

Reply to
Georgy Onishchukov

For a waveguide or for coax ? What about the thermal drift ?

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

I was rather concerned about the walls. Depending on the power disposed in this resonator it may also heat up up a bit by itself. And the resonator may also be thermally cycled, as part of its purpose.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar

well the idea of a high Q resonantor is to "dispose" of as little power as possible.

remember, even stop band signals are not "absorbed" by the cavity itself but rather are reflected back to the source.

Mark

Reply to
Mark