Good programs to annotate images and graphs

hop is

sion

have

and

-up

ell

I have used Micrografx Designer 9.0 to do all my illustrations and annotati ons for a substantial electronics book. It has all the facilities for creat ing original drawings, annotating images and importing and exporting. A sea rch however shows that it has subsequently been subsumed into Corel Draw, b ut the search also suggests that the original may still be available from v arious sources. Well worth a look. Regards, Scott.

Reply to
Prof78

You can use Word to layer text over images and do some other tricks. The advantage there is that the layers remain separated. Bitmap type editors, like Paint and Irfanview, do irreversable edits.

lunatic fringe electronics
 Click to see the full signature

I use paint.net and inkscape depending on the task.

Paint.net is a more heavily featured paint program that has layers which makes creating and moving text in it's own layer much less painful. I use this for 90% of annotation unless I need to create vector based graphics as people mentioned above.

is a nice intro that shows how paste in an image and to add text in another layer.

Reply to
Marke

You might look at At Affinity Designer. $50 for a good program.

Bob

Reply to
Badbob

The video didn't say, but implied that the text wasn't saved as text, but as pixels. If so, it couldn't be edited without deleting and re-entering. Also, each text would have to be on its own layer. Is that right?

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt

huh that link takes me to Warrenpaints. (or something like that.) Paint with layers, would be nice.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Cheers,
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Chris

Thanks I'll give it a look see. GH

Reply to
George Herold

If you want to preserve the layers you need to save in the native 'pdn' format but it happily saves as a flattened bitmap to many other formats: jpg, png etc.

--
Cheers,

Chris.
Reply to