Genie door opener modifications??

I got rid of my Genie because I couldn't keep it from eating screw sliders. But my unit had a pot to set max torque before faulting.

...Jim Thompson

Hi people, I have an older genie bluemax 1/2hp door opener that I am using for a gate opener and it all works fine except in heavy winds.

On windy days when opening it thinks the windload on the gate is something obstructing the door and swaps to closing again. I have to wait until the wind gust drops and it opens fine.

Is there any way to adjust the obstruction load? Or better yet disable it?

Thanks in advance

DaveJ

Reply to
DaveJ

Hello Dave,

As Jim said, many openers allow for adjustment of the obstruction detect. But this increases the risk that a person or animal gets hurt. Or a car (a friend crunched his new Chevy Tahoe that way).

Another option can be a damper. Then only a persistent wind that presses against the door should cause a cutout.

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

Yes, but don't. If it's a swinging gate on hinges, then you have the wrong kind of opener. If it's a sliding gate, then you need to repair the tracks.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I keep my genie in the bottle.

Reply to
gwhite

Hey - she _does_ have a navel!

Cheers!
Rich
 ------
"Vegetarians for oral sex -- "The only meat that\'s fit to eat""
Reply to
Rich The Newsgroup Wacko