FS: NEW Minicircuits ZKL-1R5 RF MICROWAVE AMPLIFIER(s) 10MHz-1.5GHz. $38.70 or $50 on Ebay [LOT of TEN, ZKL1R5]

LOT of TEN or Singles. Minicircuits ZKL-1R5 [ZKL1R5] RF MICROWAVE AMPLIFIER(s), Wideband

10MHz-1.5GHz. High-end Amps, MedPower +18.7dBm, LowNoise 3dB, Gain 39-40dB. NEW - in original Minicircuits/antistatic packaging (never used, USA origin & location, ships worldwide). Either Singles or entire LOT (price shown for a Lot, but message us if you want single(s) - shipping is CHEAPER than shown ($5.20), etc. however on a quantity basis you save by dealing as a Lot, not Singles

- message us if you just need a few, not all 10 units).

Posted on Ebay, item# 330371507322 - goto

& enter

330371507322 into search. "BuyNow" OPTION is AVAILABLE - NO need to wait for Auction ending. Contact via Ebay (best) or Email. By Email, can hit "Reply" in Newsgroups but REMOVE "nospam" strings if appears in my address (edit address manually, but sometimes it=92s already done) so I could respond from a real address/name. Do NOT reply on Newsgroups (I posted here, but will NOT read), and if I get much spam that address will be DISABLED, so you'll have to communicate via Ebay (which, incidentally, is more secure anyway). My Ebay feedback is 100% positive, not to mention 14 YEARS of Newsgroups trading without complains. Again, description is on Ebay but a few facts are copied here (for convenience):

** TECHNICAL SPECS: A DATASHEET PDF is at manufacturer's site

---

enter "ZKL-1R5" into search--> datasheet (do not omit dash, ZKL1R5

instead of ZKL-1R5 will result in an error); so only a few specs are copied below. Finally, check the price Minicircuits is asking - $150/ unit, we're asking $39 "auction start" & $56 "buynow" options - new/ sealed units but @33% cost (reason to sell is explained below)

** PHOTOS are at EXTERNAL SERVER (as I CANNOT POST on EBAY for free beyond 1st free photo); at
---> select Gallery named "Minicircuits ZKL-1R5". =95 Wideband, 10MHz to 1.500 GHz =95 IP3 +31 dBm typ. =95 LowNoise 3 dB typ. (not bad for a MedPower amp, rather than dedicated LNA) =95 Gain 40 dB typ., Flatness 1.2dB =95 VSWR IN 1.4, OUT 1.6 =95 P1dB Compression Point +15dB min, however charts indicate 17.6 to 18.7dBm =95 Connectors - SMA (50 Ohm impedance), gold-plated. =95 DCpower +12V nom @115mA max, but will take a range of 9-13V or wider. =95 More data, plots, etc. are in a datasheet (PDF) downloadable from manufacturer's website. Example of applications: communication systems e.g. cellular, satellite distribution, GSM/ISM; Radars, we're using them in a Middle- Stage Amplifier block in an MRI (magnetic) scientific instrument. ** REASON to SELL:: Our RF Engineer has changed Product design in which this amplifier was previously used (a scientific instrument); so not all purchased lots of ZKL-1R5 could be finished before new design "kicked in". In the new design, ZKL1R5 overloads the newly designed next amplifying stage (which became more sensitive) & we don't know a clean way to attenuate ZKL1R5's gain (38-40dB!, lowering powersupply is not a solution & not enough). So instead we switched to using ZFL-500 amps with lower gain & narrower bandwidth (0.5Ghz, in fact all we need is 0.2GHz, not even 0.5GHz). Minicircuit's policy is not to take them back & it's laborious to try to retrofit these into a new system - it's better if we simply sell, at a loss or not, but it's easier. We're already stocked on 60 ZFL-500's, so design change is permanent/verified.

I, in fact, come from a competing RF company (not to be mentioned) so not interested in promoting Minicircuits, but this is one of Minicircuits better models; as far as I know it's using Gallium/Indium PHEMT/etc. FET=92s or something to that effect, not surprising but $150 price is already difficult to attain, yet we ask even 3-4x times less or to exchange for ZFL500 (Minicircuits said =91no=94). It's a pity at the new company where I moved in 2008, which is using RF Amps (not designing them), we cannot use ZKL1R5 due to gain excessive for a new design (was normal in an older design), also we decided don't need

1.5GHz expensive amps considering our signals are under 200MHz.

P.S. Again, more photos are at that

site - pictures are better than a lengthy verbal description.

Reply to
Mark Levitski

Defective junk. Don't buy it.

John