Flir DM166

Interesting dvm

Martin Rid

It's fixed-focussed so may not be able to resolve parts on a PC board. Flir makes the affordable ones hard or impossible to focus, on purpose.

FLIRs that can focus close, at component level, are expensive. Ours cost $12K.

FLIR gave us a benchtop unit to evaluate, but it's useless for electronics, apparently by design. Nobody uses it.

I have a FLIR One Pro that attaches to an iPhone. It's model

436-0012-03, it cost iirc $300 on the jungle website, and it's super useful for debugging.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Sounds handy. Can it resolve parts on a PCB?

Mostly. It overlays a skeleton derived from a visible camera, so you can sort of see what you're doing. I'll dig out a zinc sulfide lens from someplace and see if I can make it focus closer.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

So what then is 'focus free'. Is it the same as what phil is describing?

Cherrs

Reply to
Martin Rid