Find LC resonance hidden by inductance

e:

uit in series

ly records something like 15% change of the current at resonance

e.pdf?dl=0

large inductance in series. The resonance I need to detect is at 360Hz

a robust way)

be small

will stand better out

unknown inductance?

ell...hang a

connect a

an impulse.

second capacitor.

e whole

o see how the

mponents in

eavy :(

ossible to

ible if the

followed by

ld be wrong

AGE1.pdf

ich

H and

shows the impedance did not go to infinite, but there is some extra parasi tics in the model which results in only a small dip on the curve

liohms

You've

eaks

ty small

e idea

sible node.

I think.

be feasible.

hanical resonance I have not access to.

ightly

tage

titors might be lurking around here also. I can say it's a big mechanical s ystem, weighing more than 100kg

r the

nment with other systems that has vibrations we might just end up measuring on that system instead (and precise vibration sensors are expensive, I am trying do do it in cheap electronics)

OK I was going to say try it "the other way around" drive it mechanically and detect it electrically, through L1 with Mike's series cap, maybe.

(I'm afraid to post stuff here sometimes, because customer's may be listening.... I've gotten questions asking if I'd fixed some problem I discussed here.)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

How is the mechanism coupled to the inductor? is the device microphonic with no bias? does it need a current through the inductor to make a magnetic field for it to couple to?

if you drive it with a square wave can you use a (simulated) delay line to cancel the positive edge with the signal from the negative edge?

--
  \_(?)_
Reply to

e:

[..]

hanical resonance I have not access to.

ightly

tage

titors might be lurking around here also.

Completely sensible. That's why I didn't want to guess.

r the

nment with other systems that has vibrations we might just end up measuring on that system instead (and precise vibration sensors are expensive, I am trying do do it in cheap electronics)

Makes sense. We'll all be scratching our heads to figure the best way. :-)

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Don't worry George, this is the internet. Everything's confidential. :)

Cheers, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Mechanical movement can change the inductance of a coil. Nothing mysterious about that. It would be nice to know the mechanism but that would probably tell us more about his device than he is allowed to tell us.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Perhaps, but he didn't say the mechanical effects were to the coil. I don't see how this would create a parallel LC equivalent regardless.

Turning mechanical resonance into an electrical resonance is the provenance of piezo devices. I'm just trying to get my head about what he is really trying to measure.

--

Rick
Reply to