electronic component photos

At the DatasheetArchive we've started a new project. This is to add electronic component photographs to our database. So far we have added

3,000 photos to our site as an sample.

See examples:

I just thought I'd get some feedback to see if its worthwhile continuing this project. Basically, do you like the photos? Are they of any use?

I'm still undecided if this is worth the effort.

Reply to
administrator

At the DatasheetArchive we've started a new project. This is to add electronic component photographs to our database. So far we have added

3,000 photos to our site as an sample.

See examples:

I just thought I'd get some feedback to see if its worthwhile continuing this project. Basically, do you like the photos? Are they of

any use?

Reply to
administrator

You've added 300 photos and now you are asking if they are any use? Wow, you must have a lot of spare time on your hands.

I would want a picture of every value of every 0201, 0402, and 0603 resistor and capacitor. That would be useful.

Reply to
James Morrison

We have taken 37,500 photos, only typed up 3,000 parts into our database as a sample. The original aim was for our distributor partner to prove they had stock. Many distributors list stock they dont have.

They decided not to go ahead with the the project so we asked if we could do it instead.

We dont have a lot of spare time on our hands. We just thought it would be a nice addition to our site. Not many other sites do this sort of thing.

Reply to
administrator

Of parts themselves, i do not think pictures in your reference are useful; (most) part datasheets either have pictures or outline / dimensional drawings. However, dimensional drawings that show internal available space for die is useful for those that contemplate custom devices (say 4 zeners in a SOT-363).

Reply to
Robert Baer

On 11/03/2006 the venerable Robert Baer etched in runes:

(most) part datasheets

drawings that show

devices (say 4

Another thing that would be really useful is a reverse reference for part marking on SM parts. For example an Infineon BCR149 in SOT23 is marked as "WEs". How is anyone supposed to to make the reverse reference from that.

Imagine you have just dropped a bag of SOT23's on the bench and need to sort them out. Could take a lifetime.

--
John B

Delete \'spam blocker\' to reply direct
Reply to
John B

Frankly, I find the whole site pretty much useless. My PDF reader doesn't like to open PHP files.

Thanks anyway, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

I might be responding to a troll here but please let me say that

DATASHEETARCHIVE ROCKZORS!!!!!!!!!!!

AND IT IS THE BEST EVAR!!!!!!!!!

A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+A+ TO THE DATASHEET ARCHIVE

I LOVE THE DATASHEET ARCHIVE!!!!!!

and the old databooks they have been putting up

ARE THE SHIZNIT!!!!!!!!! ROCKIN DA HOUSE!!!!!!!

DATASHEET ARCHIVE FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!

seriously, thank you so much for putting all this online!

Reply to
GERMANIUM CRAINIUM

On 10 Mar 2006 12:09:36 -0800 in sci.electronics.design, snipped-for-privacy@datasheetarchive.com wrote,

Since you ask, for me they would be of only the rarest occasional usefulness. All DIP-16 ICs look the same, etc. Only some unusual part where appearance is part of its function might call for a photo, and then the datasheet drawing is probably better.

Reply to
David Harmon

(most) part datasheets

drawings that show