design an common-emitter amplifiers

LTSpice also allows one to see the dissipation of any component by simply pointing at the component, pressing Alt (which shows a thermometer), and clicking. Then, just go to the waveform equation for the component of interest at the top of the window, press Ctrl and click. There you will see the average and watt-seconds values given. Easy Peasy.

You still have to know what you're doing and apply some (engineering) common sense. If you don't check your work, you can be misled. Never believe a simulator. After all, you don't know that you may have entered garbage.

Cheers, John S

Reply to
John S

John S expounded in news:jd0o53$mv3$ snipped-for-privacy@dont-email.me:

Yep, that is precisely how I made my "discovery".

Warren

Reply to
Warren

P E Schoen expounded in news:9dNIq.36550$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe22.iad:

One thing I find that I need to constantly be aware of, and this probably applies to all SPICE, is to be careful using those "ideal voltage/current sources".

One annoyance though- in LTspice at least: they allow you to enter a source resistance value in the voltage source (for example), but then when you run certain simulations, it complains that you can't have that set (to a non-zero value).

When that applies, I wish it would just zero (ignore) the freeking source resistance and continue. Instead I end up putting in a visible one, and setting it to 1 ohm when I need to. Its just a nuisance, partly because I don't always want the source resistance showing on the schematic.

Warren.

Reply to
Warren