delaminated caps

Why not coat one sample cap and see if it goes haywire, before risking a built board? Hmmm, I guess if the board is built with caps that can't take the coating, and you can't fit through-hole parts there, it might not matter.

Ugh!

Jon

Reply to
Jon Elson

We just did, Humiseal on a row of 16 hand-soldered caps, Panasonics and Cornells. Looks OK. Some small cracks may have opened on the Panasonics, but now they are full of Humiseal!

Thanks for the warning.

The coating house normally dunks the boards in di water and measures conductivity, to check for pcb ionic contamination prior to coating. We'll ask them to skip that step for these boards. I don't want water sealed into any of those tiny cracks!

We're going to throw away the Panasonics, anyhow.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com