Decoupling cap SRF

Thanks, I'll see if I can find one! The BAMA mirror has a 1S1 manual, which I have just sent to the printer... with luck it will have some of the similar theory sections.

Well, if you ever do, I can give it an alternate home!

The 7S series apparently came with some transparent templates you could place over the screen to give you a similar reading capability, but they weren't included with the used plugin I bought.

My thought was to capture (digitize) the X- and Y-scan output from the Tek mainframe, and use a laptop to do the calculations. Yet another oddball project I may never have time for, alas.

Dave Platt

Tektronix Concepts book on TDR measurements:

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal

http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

Note that most decent VNAs from the past couple of decades can perform an FFT for you and display a time-domain trace as well. Most will then let you position a marker at a certain point in time and then re-compute the frequency domain response as if everything prior hadn't occurred, i.e., it's just another method of defining where you reference plane is (although probably not as accurate as building a proper calibration jig in the first place).

Too bad the 11802 can't do an FFT and display a frequency-domain response!

Reply to
Joel Koltner

Oh, that's beautiful. On first glance it looks as if it's exactly the sort of thing I was hoping to find.

Thank you *very* much indeed!

Dave Platt

Wow! I agree with Dave.

Thanks, Dr. Phil.

Cheers, John

Reply to
John - KD5YI

Hey, Dave -

Beware! Page 73 is out of place. It is stuck between pages 75 and 76.

Cheers, John

Reply to
John - KD5YI

Thanks! I'll stick a sticky-tab on the copy I printed to help me find my way to it :-)

-- Dave Platt AE6EO Friends of Jade Warrior home page:

I do _not_ wish to receive unsolicited commercial email, and I will boycott any company which has the gall to send me such ads!

Reply to
Dave Platt

Joel Koltner a écrit :

You still can post process it...

--
Thanks,
Fred.

Good point. I suppose the reason it isn't a built-in option is due to the number of data points being relatively low, plus the fact that for TDR you often care about the various transitions between connectors/components/etc. whereas on a VNA you often specifically want to *ignore* those effects and just look at, e.g., a filter in the middle of it all or whatever.

Reply to
Joel Koltner