Current PCB maker recommendations anyone?

Hi.

After a long absence I'm back with a few new PCB designs, and I need to find someone to make them. So what are the current preferences / recommendations for both PTH and 4 layer manufacture in - small single design prototypes - single prototype panel of multiple designs (as much as I can cram in; I used to use BEC in Brisbane) - small single design runs.

I'm in Brisbane Australia (if it makes any difference).

Cheers, Tony

Reply to
Tony

why did you stop?

seems to be popular. I'm thinking of giving them a go next time.

--
- Mike
Reply to

They shut down at the same time I started to pursue other directions. But I understand they re-opened shortly thereafter (I didn't).

Tony

Reply to
Tony

ind someone to

PTH and 4 layer

; I used to use BEC

I've had much luck with small runs between 2 and 25 of 4-layer boards using SunstoneCircuits.com to fabricate and their sister-company ScreamingCircuits.com to assemble. About ten of their boards have been out in the field for a year, and the field they're in is particularly harsh. They've held up nicely so far.

They're based near Seattle, but I believe they ship internationally.

Sunstone Circuits also has a free PCB design and layout software package called PCB123 if you need it. I haven't had much luck with their latest version (3) which is too buggy, but I have continued to successfully use their very stable version 2. The upsides of PCB123 is that 1. It's free, 2. It combines a circuit design program and a PCB layout program and coordinates well enough between them, and 3. It gives you real-time pricing of your PCB board right at the top of the program at all times. The downsides are that 1. If you already have a favorite PCB design/layout package, there's little reason to learn this one, and 2. They don't give you all the gerber files etc., so you can't design with PCB123 and then turn around and fabricate with someone else, which is understandable I suppose.

Reply to
David Drinnan

someone to

and 4 layer