concave mirror with hole

On Thu, 07 Sep 2006 04:02:20 GMT, "colin" Gave us:

ONE mirror is used for the energy you are attempting to quantify. The device/mechanism you utilize for the pointing/aiming apparatus makes NO difference. Duh.

Reply to
JoeBloe

I recall a story from a friend years ago who worked at an underwater weapons research facility. They had a large pool in which they occasionally tested things that went bang. Any time there was a test scheduled, there was much scurrying around, gathering up previously prepared formers and sheets of aluminium. These would be placed in the pool, and the shock wave from the explosion would "form" the aluminium sheets to the shapes of the moulds.

I've no direct knowledge whether this really happened, but it did seem plausible.

Regards Ian

Reply to
Ian

versus

How can they make no difference ? ive already explained why, and before you were saying they had to be perfectly clean first surface mirrors, also they have to be made payed for, installed, aligned, tested etc. hardly makes no difference.

This is a LIDAR, the laser isnt just used for pointing/aiming, the phase delay of the modulated laser light thats reflected off the target is what is measured, therefore the laser light IS the light that is being quantified.

double Duh

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

--
It\'s called "explosive hydroforming", and it\'s pretty common.

Google gets some 700 hits.
Reply to
John Fields

weapons

tested

Sounds an exciting line of work.

Colin =^.^=

Reply to
colin

In message , dated Fri, 8 Sep

2006, colin writes

Submariners wouldn't agree!

There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2.
John Woodgate

If they didn't get into trouble, they would have still been real Marines. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

In message , dated Fri, 8 Sep 2006, Michael A. Terrell writes

The US doesn't have any Real Marines. Only British marines can carry the 'RM' badge.

There are benefits from being irrational - just ask the square root of 2.
John Woodgate

Tell them that to their face, if you dare. ;-)

RM = Royal Marines?

The old joke over here is, "They send in the submarines when the Marines fail!" Of course submarines don't go inland where Marines fight hand to hand combat. It generally means that its the only way to get supplies and reinforcements to a battle.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

if aluminium was the bulk material used it'd only need polishing, that's almost the sort of thing that can be done in a garage using a propane torch.

--

Bye.
   Jasen