Charge injection spec for analog switch

Nexperia for their 74LVCV2G66 claims 0.0035 pC typical.. that's more than an order of magnitude better than the best spec'd specialized analog switches.

What am I missing here?

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany

A typo? ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 |

Thinking outside the box... producing elegant solutions.

"It is not in doing what you like, but in liking what you do that is the secret of happiness." -James Barrie

Got to be a typo. Nanocoulombs, maybe, but even that sounds optimistic.

lunatic fringe electronics

Speculation: It depends on the particular sample. They tested 100pcs and it could be anything between +10nC or -10nC. The average or "typical" was 0.0035pC. :)

I have seen similar specmanship on other datasheets for switches - depending on supply and switched voltage it can range positive or negative so they pick a tiny near-zero net charge injected point for the "typical" spec. But here they do specify these conditions.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

NXP's 74LVC1G66 switch datasheet lists 3 to 7pC, which is more in the reasonable region.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Hmm. What would the charge injection be of a carefully laid out SO-70 footprint sans chip? So, just Vss * interelectrode capacitance?

--
Tim Wescott
I'm looking for work!  See my website if you're interested

Yes, that has got to be it, thanks. As Win says, probably a few pC.

--sp

--
Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany