CE for passive transducers?

Have just had a sales boffin inform me that passive transducers such as PA loudspeakers may soon be required to have EC conformity declarations filed. I assume that this might be to avoid confusion with many newer non-pasive products.

There can't be that many regulations that apply other than materials, ingress (if applicable) and flammability, can there? The only parts I'm aware of that have serious safety issues are those built into structures, or those intended to operate in hazardous environments.

You'd also expect a healthy lead-time for any particular deadline.......

RL

Reply to
legg