Best Rated threads in Electronics Designshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Creative X-Fi Elite Pro 7.1 soundblaster drivers for MS-DOS 6.22 ?
Hello, (See last line for my question in case you want to skip my story so far :)) I am a little into "retro mode" right now. Copieing files from Pentium 166 to IOMEGA ZIPDRIVE, HAHA ! =D Via parallel...
3
3

Free boolean logic game for ipad
2
2

TX37u -IT LaCrosse Temerature Sensor Repair
Anyone here repair one of these things? I get a Radio signal indicator on the receiver, but it appears the thermister maybe bad. It was reading blank before I opend it. It was reading fluctuating...
7
7

Calculating mW/m2 from dB
What is the mathematical relationship between dB and mW/m2? Can someone please give an example, such as: -10dB = 10mW = X mW/m2 How is distance from the source be factored in? Is anyone aware of a...
30
30

Formulae for DIY EMF Shielding paint
I have seen a few formulae for EMF shielding paint. These consist of varying proportions of charcoal, graphite, carbon fibre, and/or shredded steel wool. I am not sure of which ones are genuine. The...
9
9

Homemade Wideband Current Transformer
Hi, Since it seems a useful thing to have, I am making a wideband current probe, ~10-1000MHz, like one of these: Every home should have one. It's from the article: 1) They suggest an electrostatic...
25
25

OT: Does my product need CE Marking?
Yea, it might be nice to get an answer to this question with regard to my part the Codatron(TM, but the search resolved to some observations; the reason for this posting. CE Marking is most probably...
89
89

Re: Switch and fight (leakage)?
We created a PADS pcb symbol for the BFT25 as a diode. It's much less confusing on schematics. The c-b junctions of transistors tend to be very low leakage diodes, lots better than things born to be...
14
14

Itron Digital Power Model CL200 Meter Failure
I have Progress Energy here in Florida. About a year ago they installed a new digital power meter made by Itron (model CL200 *1647852*) which is read remotely via RF. We have been getting screwy bills...
2
2

Microwave Oven with Built in Infrared Thermometer
Is it possible to get infrared temperature measurement in a microwave oven? I did this experiment. I tried to measure a cup of hot water through the mesh.. Nope.. Can't measure the temperature. D from...
10
10

Siemens VFD
In our 6x12 three roll mill, we use a Siemens Micromaster 440 VFD. The input power is 3 phase, 208V, 60 Hz. Can I connect it directly to a single phase 220V, 60Hz power supply? Ken Opportunities are...
9
9

jeopardy game design request
Hi All, I hope I am not way out of line posting in this forum, but it was the only one I found where I thought I could get some help. My 12-year-old son needs to build an electronics project. He has...
17
17

Req: Schematic for BASIC electromyogram (EMG) - biofeedback type device - second request, edited
(Second request - edited) Seems that a VERY basic EMG device could be constructed with a handful of off-the-shelf parts. From browsing the group, I've seen where these are often class projects. Thanks...
2
2

Design of process control timer
I need help on designing a sequential timer to switch on and off atleast 3 relays in a particular sequence using timer You!
13
13

Schematic PS2 Keyboard
Hi all, I've been looking for hours to find a schematic of a PS2 keyboard; but no chance. My problem is that I need to build a board with 10 keys who represents the F1 to F10. The output is to be fed...
10
10

Alphanumeric font (8x16)
Hi, Could anyone tell me where to find alphanumeric font graphics which are of 8x16 pixels size? I only need fonts of ascii code below 128. Thanks!
3
3

RFID active tags at 13.56 MHz
Hi Is it possible to use active tags at 13.56 mhz and compatible readers. I am trying to evaluate whether there is a need for using rfid for one of our applications. Following are the requirements- 1....
10
10

Using LTC4150 Coulomb Counter with 12V Lead-Acid Battery
A while ago it was suggested in this newsgroup that a Linear Technology LTC4150 Coulomb counter could be used with a 12V lead-acid battery by raising the GND pin so as to keep the IC's supply voltage...
2
2