Best Rated threads in Electronics Designshow all threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

Fixed threshold LEDs ?
Hi, LEDs have differing forward voltages relative to their colour - increasing from IR to deep blue over a range from under 1V over 3V. That is, unless they are intended to be party lights. Multi...
11
11

Replacing those damn STK modules
STK modules seem to have always been trouble and Ive read many people saying the same thing. Worse yet, many older amplifiers, the STK mods are no longer available. In this video, the guy claims to...
1
1

Dirt Cheap 2% Full Temperature Accurate Clock Needed
Hi I need a full temperature range -40 to 105 degrees 2% accurate clock, can be anything from 1MHz to 48MHz I have a micro on the board, but it has only 5% accuracy clock Looking up resonators they...
49
49

Totally of topic --> gearbox
Does someone knows what can i buy some gearbox without motor ? Minimum ratio is 1:100 Ebay, Aliexpress... ? GM
4
4

Difference berween 5Y3 and 5U4 tubes
Is there much difference between 5Y3 and 5U4 rectifier tubes. It seems to me that the 5U4 was used more on high powered audio amps, making me think that they can handle more power? Where the 5Y3 is...
2
2

Bonnie Baker would be proud...
http://www.edn.com/design/analog/4314332/Photodiode-amplifier-exhibits-one-third-the-output-noise-of-conventional-transimpedance-amp
8
8

ST Microelectronics Files LENR Patent
The patent explains that a reaction is achieved by the absorption of hydrogen within an active metallic material (could be a number of metals such as Ni, Pd, Pt, W, Ti, Fe, Co and their alloys),...

LTSpice Help
I am new to Spice as well as LT Spice. I have input most of my circuit after spending much time looking for components. I have not run the circuit yet since I have a hole where a unijunction goes. The...
23
23

Soldering Videos - Olympics Celebration Sale
Hi all, To celebrate the Beijing Olympics we are doing our "Personal Best" with the price of our Super Soldering Secrets Videos. If you would like to see some soldering techniques that can save you...
7
7

Free 8051 microcontroller projects
Visit for free 8051 microcontroller based project with circuit diagram and source code.

Quartz Crystal ESR vs Temperature
Crystal data sheets generally just give a maximum ESR value. I'm interested in how ESR changes over temperature - has anyone seen papers or data sheets that show this, or a mathematical model that...
5
5

Exact meaning of 3db bandwidth?
Hi - I recently came across the term "3db bandwidth" used in a way which I was not entirely familiar. I am most familiar with the term when used with amplifiers. For example, say in a FET amplifier...
9
9

Still need help on mystery SanKen integrated circuit
Part number is SanKen SI-3150G Japan Here us the image: It sure looks like a 20 watt stereo car audio output module. Going to the "usual suspects" turns up SI3150's and SI3150F's and such that are...
2
2

Control VCR via SCART
Hi, Anyone know how to control a VCR i.e. play, record, stop via a scart plug. Thanks Mike
2
2

Eagle vs Protel
Hi, I am up to the point where I must now purchase my PCB software because the complexity of the boards exceed the capabilities of Eagle Lite. (ie can only do double sided boards of limited size) I...
56
56

OptoSwitch?
Hi All, This is for a simple home project i'm cooking up. I need an optical component that signals high (or low..) as a beam it emits is interrupted (basically, what the had in the old elevators to...
3
3

IR2110 gate driver issues.
Hi all, I'm using an IR2110 high and low side gate driver in a smps that I mentioned some time back in the group under the thread 'should I use a SG3525'. I've had some 'odd' power device failures...
41
41

AADE L/C Meter IIB manual with schematic (2023 Update)
Hi, All, We were talking about the AADE L/C meter in another thread. I pulled the manual (with schematics) off and posted it here: It uses an interesting two-frequency design with an LM311 and a...
5
5

(PDF) Kirk's Basic Surgical Techniques 7th Edition by Fiona Myint
This is the PDF eBook version for Kirk's Basic Surgical Techniques 7th Edition by Fiona Myint (Download link for cheap price) Download instantly Kirk's Basic Surgical Techniques 7th Edition by Fiona...

iOS Gerber viewer?
I like using an iPad in the lab while testing a new design. It is easier t o find a place for it on my crowded bench than the notebook computer I used to use. Goodreader works well for keeping...
8
8