Battery Voltage Boost

I have a circuit that requires 3.3V DC (typically) to operate. It also has a minimum required voltage of 2.97V DC. Because of design size restrictions, I was hoping to use 2 AAA batteries to power the circuit. This would give me a maximum voltage of 3.0V DC (ideally conditions). Is there anything out there capable of generating a higher output voltage than the input source, so that even if the voltage drops below

2.9V my output voltage for my circuit remains constant at 3.3V?

Steph

Reply to
S. Ethier

How about a

I found the data sheet at digikey, their pn is LT1300CN8. search the site for step up, and you will find lots of chips.

--
Chris W

Gift Giving Made Easy
Get the gifts you want &
give the gifts they want
http://thewishzone.com
Reply to
Chris W

If you are going to use a boost regulator anyway, consider starting with one AA cell. It appears to me that there is more energy available in a AA cell than there is in two AAA cells.

See the relevant datasheets at:

In particular, the Amp-hour rating of the AAA cell when discharged at

250 mW is around 0.78 Amp-hours. This uses 0.8 V as the cutoff threshold.

For the AA cell under the same conditions, the Amp-hour rating is around

2.2 Amp-hours.

By the way, how much current do you need at 3.3 V? If you need very low current for a very long time, I don't think typical boost regulation schemes will be feasible, but I'm not an expert.

--Mac

Reply to
Mac