Arduino - bldc motor control

We won't. This is for 15V to 18V supply. Unless we have isolated power supplies, isolated gate drivers won't help much anyway.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Den onsdag den 6. august 2014 00.08.28 UTC+2 skrev snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com:

for serious power you'd go for bootstrap drivers and all NFETs

but why bother, get one of these:

all in one and protected against most abuse you can think of

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

------------------------------------------------------------------------- Man, it's really nice when bunch of people can share knowledge on the same topic ! OK. So we got one simple and cost effective solution in vnh2sp30 driver. With this i can save money for arduino and development costs for new PCB + parts.

Problems: This board can support max 40V input and am planning to drive crystalyte N48 motor, which runs on 48V. Other thing is that amperage is limited to

15A (peak 30) but this is not a problem. 48 x 15= 720W, and this is ok for our purposes. Is there and similar board that can be used for 48V motors ?
Reply to
en2

Lots of confusion here, Edward talked about a brushed dc motor that chip will drive a brushed dc motor.

You are talking about a brush-less dc motor, sensor-less even

that a is a totally different thing

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

---------------------------------------- Yes, there must be some misunderstanding. The motor that am planning to use is BLDC. Btw. i can add hall sensor to this motors but it would be better if i can avoid this...

Reply to
en2

p will drive a brushed dc motor.

Originally, i was only suggesting the two MOSFETs that can handle 60V 50A. But things got sidetracked.

Anyway, for 48V, you need a chip that can handle external MOSFET, and perha ps with isolated gate drivers. But for isolated gate drivers, things get c omplicated and expensive. There is one isolated DC/DC converter on digikey for $20. We don't need that much output power, but nothing less is availa ble. So, we would need transformers perhaps.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

Den onsdag den 6. august 2014 16.36.10 UTC+2 skrev snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com:

hip will drive a brushed dc motor.

. But things got sidetracked.

haps with isolated gate drivers. But for isolated gate drivers, things get complicated and expensive. There is one isolated DC/DC converter on digik ey for $20. We don't need that much output power, but nothing less is avai lable. So, we would need transformers perhaps.

you don't need isolated gate driver or or isolated dc/dc converters

something like an lm5109 per leg will do

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen

------------- is there some PCB solution / driver like for the DC motor ?

Reply to
en2

------------------------ ...and there was silence :-) After brainstorming we stuck on the basic idea. Can someone suggest if the idea from main topic could work ?

Reply to
en2

Not sure what you mean by main topic. As long as your micro is putting out the correct waveform and timing (position and/or speed sensor would be hel pful). Your problem is that your 40V max chip cannot handle the 48V motor. You would need at least 60V MOSFET, and output clamping to the power rail s.

On a separate project, we would build the prototype PCB for 200V output. I t should work for you by using lower voltage parts. but the principle is th e same.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

----------------- i send you email. Check it out when you find time...

Reply to