acceleration circuit?

This is ----> a lot

Reply to
Don Lancaster

I own an RC tank that has a simple on / off motor control. When you move the joystick forward or reverse it jumps forward at full speed. Is there a way to have motors gradually accelerate to it's top end and then decelerate when the joystick is zeroed?

Reply to
George Price

I read in sci.electronics.design that George Price wrote (in ) about 'acceleration circuit?', on Fri, 18 Feb

2005:

Yes, but it's not all that easy. You need pulse-width modulation motor speed control, with automatic pulse-width variation. The problem is to make the control circuit losses very low, otherwise the top speed will emulate a WW One tank.

John Woodgate

Sure. With a switchmode power controller. That should be available as optional item at your preferred shop.

Rene

Rene Tschaggelar