A question abaut RMS to DC converter

Hi,

i need to read with a DVM both AC and DC voltage.It could give automatically ac or dc reading.

Now,

if i use a True rms to dc converter.......when it takes AC tension......no problem,but if it takes DC tension what happend?

It reads correctly also DC or not?

Is there a IC than switch the dvm to read Ac or DC?

Thanks for any help

MAX

Reply to
maxi

"maxi"

** It *will* read correctly the DC voltage level.

( within the accuracy percentage of the chip )

** Analog Devices make some nice "true rms to DC" converters.

I used an AD536A to make my own bench 4.5 digit voltmeter.

Reads DC, AC rms or DC plus AC rms of any input wave from DC to 100 kHz.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison