"A new opamp's here, a new opamp's here!"

(Title said in the voice of Steve Martin) Seriously this looks like a nice HV opamp.

* (well if you download the spec sheet the open loop phase does a dipsy doodle at a few hundred kHz.)

I can replace some expensive Apex parts. (as soon as someone has stock.)

George H.

*as seen on EDN
Reply to
George Herold

Oops I screwed up the link.

George Herold

Just what PH needs- 140V across 50G is the same as 3V across 1G, right?

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

Thanks for the heads-up - looks to be worth further investigation. It doesn't have the same output-capacitance load requirement of most of the Apex parts {many seemingly designed to drive piezo crystals} - that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Reply to
Frank Miles

)

Well, I use the Apex to drive a piezo stack... maybe the LT part won't be as good? I'd have to redo the pcb... or make an Apex header pcb.

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

The KEY WORD ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Jamie

Reply to
Jamie

With, or with "The Steep Canyon Rangers"?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

With, or without "The Steep Canyon Rangers"?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I assume that a nice email to LT would get me some free samples. (no time at the moment)

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

?? It was meant as a parody of "The new phone book's here....etc."

George H. (I'm clueless most of the time.)

Reply to
George Herold

Yup, except for the 11 nV noise and 15-ish pF input capacitance, which would put it a good 30 dB off the pace, unfortunately.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

"Who bore, 'mid snow and ice, a banner with the strange device, Excelsior!"

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510 USA
+1 845 480 2058

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

So, you don't know about "Steve Martin & The Steep Canyon Rangers", his Bluegrass group? :)

Michael A. Terrell

Wasn't thinking of using their front end without some low-noise gain up front.. but in seriousness I think you'd have to watch out for that resistor's voltage coefficient, if linearity mattered.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

,

I guess I knew he played the banjo.

Of course the master died just last year... RIP Earl (Scruggs) My son likes the banjo so we have a few of his CD's

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

I grew up on Lester Flatt and Earl Scruggs...

"Saturday Night Jamboree" on WSAZ-TV, Huntington, WV, my hometown ;-) ...Jim Thompson

I'll have to stick with an Apex part until someone else makes a device that will output -20 to +150 that my piezo actuator needs... So near yet so far (rats!)

Reply to
Oppie

The group played on the Opry the first time I heard them. I hadn't heard anything about Steve Martin for at least a decade.

Another was Joe Mullins & 'The Radio Rangers'. He is the son of a country & Bluegrass DJ I knew when I was growing up. Paul, AKA: 'Moon Mullins' who played banjo in the early days of Bluegrass. He was about my dad's age, and they were from the same town.

Michael A. Terrell

I always loved 'Earl's Breakdown'.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Rangers",

I think Bela Fleck is the new master, he just plays jazz instead.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk

Bela Fleck has a Jazz band and a traditional bluegrass band.

Reply to
dave