a few Visio symbols

(I wrote:)

Really? I did not know that, are you sure it can contain vector graphics? I thought it was just bitmap; a replacement for GIF basically. I can't find anything that suggests otherwise.

The reason I suggested it is that I find it surprisingly compact for schematics and the like, even at quite high resolutions. And PNG is lossless of course. As a rule I use JPEG for photos, and PNG for anything computer-generated (where I want an image I can use anywhere that is).

A vector format like PDF or eps or SVG should be used where possible but it may not be in Word.

--

John Devereux
Reply to

PDF isn't always vector. If the original was vector, it's vector, if the original was raster, it's raster, if the original was type, it's fonts.

                                       (Richard Feynman)
Reply to
Fred Abse

learn

2000

much as

scale

great.)

when

all

If you have a few grand to throw at it (maybe less for an older version = on ebay), MicroStation has about 8 different ways to do circles, including key in of the variables in at least two coordinate systems.

Reply to
josephkk

So

document.

According to the nice article in Wikipedia it is fundamentally a raster format, vector would be a non-standard extension.

?-)

Reply to
josephkk