Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Announcement
Just found out I will become a great-grandfather in July ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete Systems | manus | |...
7
7

kids these days
We've been interviewing for a test tech (interviewed a dozen or so, finally got a good one) and for interns. An internship not only spreads goodness to the world, it's a kind of extended interview for...
53
53

OT "More is Different"
I was reading an article in the latest Physics today, and it lead me to this paper by P.W. Anderson. (if link doesn't work search for "PW Anderson More is Different") I found it interesting. George H.
12
12

OT: Balancing Act
Balancing Act... 6-armed chandelier, globes evenly (60°, 12in radius) spaced Hung it, leans like a @#$%^ Weighed each of the globes (accurate scales)... 2# 0.8oz 1# 15.6oz 1# 12.4oz 1# 10.0oz 1#...
42
42

Eagle layer Q
Refer to layer 56, "wert"; what the heck is that???
3
3

How is SOC measured?
What is/are the method(s) used to determine the SOC (state of charge) of batteries used in cell phones, tablets and other small portable electronic devices so it can be indicated to the user? Thanks...
8
8

How to drive this huge LED matrix board?
Scored some of these today, 7Euro50 each : Front: Component side, lots of 5 V CMOS, processor, optical interfaces: Would make a nice Merry Christmas running text. Anybody from .NL used these? Looks...
14
14

Piece Wise Linear Fitting
Another dawning while doodling at the beauty shop... ... a way to join line segments easily to form PWL's, while maintaining all derivatives at the joining points. (Using my TANH version of greater...
7
7

great pics
-- John Larkin Highland Technology Inc jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com Precision electronic instrumentation Picosecond-resolution Digital Delay and Pulse generators Custom timing and laser...
19
19

Slots cut into power supply PCB.
I was looking at an old PC power supply, and I notice in a couple of places slots have been cut into the PCB. I think it's done as part of the safe isolation between the mains and the low voltage...
17
17

Personal Webpages?
I'm impressed by people who post helpful stuff like this... ...and I'm curious how many of the regulars here have assembled something like that?
5
5

fet for automatic gain control?
fet for automatic gain control? Any suggestions for an enhancement mode mosfet to serve as a variable resistence element in an automatic gain control type circuit? Power involved is a bare whisper;...
45
45

Feeling froggy bout this 7603
OK, I figured this would be scrap but I have more time on my hands than I n eed. I just found the other horizontal board which was lost, and I think I' ll switchum, but if that doesn't prove something...
4
4

44kHz Doppler air speed meter evaluation and software realisation, INVENTIION
44kHz Doppler air speed measurement evaluation and software realization. Been a bit busy, but then yesterday I wrote some code for a PIC 18F14K22 to process the signals from the 44 kHz transmitter and...
14
14

OT: VGA Fiber optic extender
Has anyone experience with this kind of extender? I'm looking for this extender solution to send VGA (up to 1600x1200-60Hz) video over the fiber several hundred meters. The copper cable can't handle...
3
3