Subject Author Posted Replies

Curious Connector - what is it?
Hi all, Can anyone tell me the name of this type of connector? It's the 5 pin thin film thingy hanging off the bottom left of the chip which is itself hanging off the bottom left of the device in the...
8
8

Added some snow and fireworks
Added some snow and fireworks to the 3 line LED matrix display; Snow: Fireworks: Source:

"Scan" to Gerber?
Hi, Are there any tools (interactive or batch) that will accept a high resolution scan (this shouldn't matter!) and produce a "normalized" Gerber photoplot format (that I can subsequently...
9
9

Eagle 5.11.0 "update"
For the last few weeks, i have been ignoring the update popup. Today, i said WTH and clicked on it. For all intents and purposes, *nothing* happened. Now that popup no longer shows, and i still have...
4
4

OT: Repairing keyboards
Repairing keyboards Some time ago yet an other keyboard stopped working properly. Buying an other one again got sort of boring, and risky[1], so I did some websearch. One of the problem I have with...
77
77

LEDs, a somewhat surpising result
LEDs, a somewhat surprising result I wanted to see if I could make an ozone detector by looking at the ratio of absorption of yellow versus blue and red light for detection of the ozone generated...
9
9

Section about switching mode power supply just started
Read first article: http://www.cirvirlab.com/index.php/switching-mode-power-supply/129-buck-or-step-down-converter-basics.html http://www.cirvirlab.com/index.php/switching-mode-power-supply.html
1
1

FR4 time*temperature discoloration
A component hot enough will cause FR4 to discolor after a few years. An end user will suspect there is a problem with the board (even if there is none) because of the discoloration. Does anybody know...
21
21

Simplest electromechanical relay circuit
I construct electronics circuits in the same manner that I write software. Start with a simple circuit. Debug the circuit, add a wrinkle, and then rinse and repeat until a full blown solution emerges....
99
99

Current Development Status of Image Recognition SW
Hi Just for fun, looking into a DIY project, but which could spin off to a com mercial product, I am looking into image recognition. For the application I would need the unit to recognize an object....
9
9

Insulating hardware, esp.washers
I've got an electrically and thermally hot TO-220, that needs mechanically securing to a grounded heatsink. Anodizing isolates the TO-220 from the heatsink, but what do you guys use to isolate the...
38
38

NSA & RSA
NSA & RSA... ...Jim Thompson
68
68

OT: Masters Degree
Bwahahahahaha... ...Jim Thompson
47
47

OT: Facebook and InstaGram
How the heck can anyone signup for FaceBook when it rejects an e-mail address as being "a valid email address"? After that impossible hurdle is passed, there is a worse one for InstaGram in that one...
17
17

Help comparing two FFT approaches - UPDATE
Thank you EVERYBODY for replying. Gave me food for thought and confirmed earlier efforts. Finally, I found absolutely NO difference between results obtained from doing one very long packet, or...
5
5