Subject Author Posted Replies

What I learnt this year.
Ferrite cores conduct electricity! Ouch! Not brilliantly, but a measured 10k or so over a cm or so. I've never been much involved in the black arts of coils, but for the past half century I've...
8
8

PCB Copper Thickness Versus Rth - is this graph correct?
Hi I have a PCB, 50mm x 50mm, and I need to optimize cooling of the PCB. A num ber of dissipating components are spread out on the PCB to produce an unifo rm temperature across the PCB. Currently I am...
14
14

TRANSFORMER EFFICIENCY
How do you derive the efficiency of a transformer from the first principle of electric circuit.
8
8

Test post
Please ignore

HC4046_VCO Now available as LTspice SCHEMATIC (.ASC)
Here is my first pass at the HC4046 (VCO portion only), now in LTspice format... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and Discrete...
8
8

Hall rotary encoder tempco--wisdom?
Hi, all, I don't have much to contribute to the LCR MOSFET argument except possibly some ethological insight: . But I digress. I'm on a trip to SoCal to debug the pre-production models of my...
69
69

Sure is a lot of animosity here lately
Ya, I said it. Is it the cold? Is it the economy? Is it just people being... ? Mikek
61
61

It's amazing...
It's amazing... How many times Larkin accuses others of not being able to calculate results when, IN FACT, it's Larkin (President of Highland Technology Inc jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com) who...
20
20

The New Agilent
Blech. http://www.keysight.com/en/
58
58

Burglars Who Took On F.B.I. Abandon Shadows
Burglars Who Took On F.B.I. Abandon Shadows By MARK MAZZETTI Published: January 7, 2014 PHILADELPHIA ? The perfect crime is far easier to pull off when nobody is watching. So on a night nearly 43...
40
40

MOSFET SOA
Have manufacturers eliminated DC SOA? Even from old devices? Can the old curves still be trusted, or are all new production actually broken? Example: compare IRF830, ST's '99 datasheet versus current...
4
4

Re: Switch Power Rating
There is a switch that I am considering using for a new design. From the datasheet I can see that there are several current ratings given. For example, 5A, 7A and 10A. From the datasheet: Power...
10
10

Actual experiences mod'ing laptop bricks?
Hi, I've got a ~200W laptop brick on which I'd like to tweek the output voltage (~5% -- 19.5V down to 18.5V). Anyone know what sort of margins they design into these? I'm not keen on risking the...
29
29

Question on switch rating
All, I have a rocker switch that I am looking to purchase. I need all the contacts to be rated for at least 10A and 24 VDC. Now when I look at the datasheet for the part it gives several different cu...
8
8

HC4046 Modeling
Seems to be a hot day for HC4046 model requests. And sending the model out by E-mail has resulted in mucho bouncing... seems they think it's a security threat >:-} So go to.... This is just the VCO...
22
22