Subject Author Posted Replies

ViaDesiger Circuit Simulator - Opinions
Does any one have an opinion on ViaDesigner? It is offered as a monthly subscription. Features component design wizard, and other apparently advanced features. Here is a video showing it in use. I...
5
5

Thermal contact resistance
Hi all, I was going to ask a question about thermal contact resistance, But I figured I should search first and I found this, Looks like silicon grease is the way to go. I'm wondering if it'll work as...
27
27

SMD Equivalents
In updating an old design I find myself looking for some SMD equivalents to old favourites. The three components I need new parts for are:- 2N3904 2N3906 1N4004 I would prefer to get as close a spec...
8
8

LTspice Tutorials now available
LTspice Tutorials now available on the Simulation Tools & Macros page of my website... ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | | Analog/Mixed-Signal ASIC's and...
5
5

OT: Kodak AC adaptor failure
Kodak AC adaptor failure. I have a little Kodak(tm) picture frame, very nice, it sequences nice JPGs from SDcard all day.. Stopped working. Checked power wallwart... 5.5 V what it needed to be. Put...
85
85

Cheap Chinese Clocks, Adj ?
Is there any adjustment in these cheap Chinese clocks that run from 1.5 volt AA batteries? Got one losing 4 minutes per day. Mikek
23
23

My First PCB designed, comments requested.
I've designed an LED display driver (to drive the SEEED studies 8x8 RGB module> This is my first attempt at anything PCB, though I built a similar circuit on a breadboard. I say similar because I was...
34
34

5Mbaud serial to USB converter?
Hi Anyone know of a converter which will read 5Mbaud async serial into a PC via USB? Some FTDI parts will do 12 or 3Mbaud, but it's not obvious to me if they can be set to 5Mbaud. The 5Mbaud is a...
6
6

Fuzzy logic
Fuzzy logic is advanced concept for data processing and analyzing. It is based upon human-like way of thinking and it is powerful tool for analysis of multidimensional data. Now, free web online...
62
62

A 0..5 VOlt aprox 16Hz osc with no L in it. - phaseshiftEmitter.asc [1/1]
Maybe this will be less power hungry for that little 6 volt supply. this example uses no more than 2 ma's over the output, give or take a little. Not perfect but close enough for a smooth sine ramp...
3
3

Handing Out USB Flash Drives Like Business Cards
26
26

OT: Wood Staining Question
Staining the wine-glass rack came out looking so nice SWMBO asked if I could stain a kitchen implement holder that's bamboo (*) (*) Apparently by stacking layers of bamboo, then turning in a lathe. It...
13
13

automation
I've seen this too many times. There are a lot of programmers who find fancy programming to be fun, as opposed to just grunting out the problem at hand. "If I first write a database manager, your...
2
2

gold plated binding post lugs without the audiophoolery
Hi, I am looking for gold plated copper, crimped "spade" ("fork") lugs. Like the ones in this picture. It's for making "low thermal" connections to banana plug binding posts, as found on voltage...
56
56

LCD screen -- water spots
Restored a TV that had set outside and it must have received some rainwater or snow. I googled the image of what the damage looks like and it's like "clouds" th at are here and there in the display...
7
7