Subject Author Posted Replies

The ebay 10$ solar powered flashlight FM radio and mobile phone charger
The ebay 10$ solar powered flashlight FM radio and mobile phone charger ebay item 370856410707 This is my second option to put the Geiger counter in. the thing arrived late this night, curiosity...
5
5

U.S. Propane Exports Racing Towards 500,000 Barrels ***DAILY***
Going for the big bucks in export: And here people mostly in the "heartland" are paying $5/gallon because of the shortages...
27
27

The ebay 3 dollar FM radio receiver..
Today the 2 ebay 2$69 FM radios arrived (free shipping fomr China via Switserland duh). both worked, but a bit sensitive to movement... ebay item 160784342887 As I wanted to use these cases for geiger...
12
12

What a mess. :(
12
12

Building TV Antenna - length chart needed
I've been looking at numerous websites and videos for building digital tv antennas. I live in the country and am a long distance from all stations. (most are at least 50 miles). The plans for the...
15
15

Some of my design work in action...
Some of my design work in action... ...Jim Thompson
89
89

LCR Meter using Sound Card - revisited
I just set up one of my soundcards to do LCR measurements. I took an old radial lead cap from bench marked 1100 uF, 35Vdc, and I mean old. I purposely measured using too large a series resistor, 10k,...
9
9

ViaDesiger Circuit Simulator - Opinions
Does any one have an opinion on ViaDesigner? It is offered as a monthly subscription. Features component design wizard, and other apparently advanced features. Here is a video showing it in use. I...
5
5

Thermal contact resistance
Hi all, I was going to ask a question about thermal contact resistance, But I figured I should search first and I found this, Looks like silicon grease is the way to go. I'm wondering if it'll work as...
27
27

SMD Equivalents
In updating an old design I find myself looking for some SMD equivalents to old favourites. The three components I need new parts for are:- 2N3904 2N3906 1N4004 I would prefer to get as close a spec...
8
8

LTspice Tutorials now available
LTspice Tutorials now available on the Simulation Tools & Macros page of my website... ...Jim Thompson
5
5

OT: Kodak AC adaptor failure
Kodak AC adaptor failure. I have a little Kodak(tm) picture frame, very nice, it sequences nice JPGs from SDcard all day.. Stopped working. Checked power wallwart... 5.5 V what it needed to be. Put...
85
85

Cheap Chinese Clocks, Adj ?
Is there any adjustment in these cheap Chinese clocks that run from 1.5 volt AA batteries? Got one losing 4 minutes per day. Mikek
23
23

My First PCB designed, comments requested.
I've designed an LED display driver (to drive the SEEED studies 8x8 RGB module> This is my first attempt at anything PCB, though I built a similar circuit on a breadboard. I say similar because I was...
34
34

5Mbaud serial to USB converter?
Hi Anyone know of a converter which will read 5Mbaud async serial into a PC via USB? Some FTDI parts will do 12 or 3Mbaud, but it's not obvious to me if they can be set to 5Mbaud. The 5Mbaud is a...
6
6