Subject Author Posted Replies

Power MOSFET testing - NTE2382 N-channel
All, I have been doing some testing using the NTE2382 N-channel MOSFET for a 24V application. 1.) Test 1 - MOSFET turned off. The 24V input is connected to the drain of the FET. The gate is tied to...
14
14

Super fast sample & hold under $10?
Folks, Need to sample stuff again. Essentially an equivalent time deal like on older generation digital scopes where you have a 20MHz or so ADC and GHZ-bandwidth on the scope. Can take as long as it...
75
75

OLED on PIC18
OLED module on PIC1F I rewrote the PC C test code in PIC18 asm This shows the OLED connected via i2c to my PIC programmer NOPPP programmer) This demos several text modes, top line is normal (very...

BJT or MOSFET for Current Source Circuit
I'm looking to make a "Current Source" I'd like to supply a maximum of 10A, I'm thinking about putting a transistor at the output of an Op-Amp and using the transistor to pull the 10A through my load....
28
28

BAV199 fw recovery
Probably far fetch but anyway... I need to use some of these BAV199 for a low leakage 2nd level ESD clamp (after a nice Diode's D20V0L1B2WS low leakage but circa 30V clamp TVS. The ESD events I'm...
13
13

Delay in 3 meters of wire
Hi Guys, I have question about transit time in a wire and phase shift caused by inductance. I'm going to use 3 meters of wire and 300,000,000m/s (discuss speed later) 300,000,000m/3m =10 nanoseconds,...
20
20

Programming algorithm for COP8
Anyone who can point to the programming algoritms of the National COP8 MCUs? All I found so far are pointers to programmer manyfacturers. It will be no surprise that I consider a >1k$ programmer a...
2
2

CMOS Data FlipFlop wierdness.
On a 4013 D-FF, when you tie both the SET and RESET together to the same logic state, I see that it forces both Q and !Q to go high when a POS edge is triggered on these paired lines. Looking at the...
9
9

Schematic and Layout software.
So, I finally "understand" EAGLE, and that I need to edit my own libraries etc... I think that's the biggest learning curve there. The FAQ should include: Q. What do I do if I can't find the part I...
9
9

LCD Monitor repair
finally a sure and guarantee way to learn the secrets of LCD Monitor repair . Do you know that understanding of how each sections in LCD Monitor work i s the key of success in LCD Monitor...

electronic repair
Today offer you a wonderful book needs all the technicians and engineers and electronics maintenance shop owners, a measure of electronic components and repair The book in English and in PDF format...
1
1

Software to Apply FIR Filter - No Math
I am not a wizz at complex math. Does anyone know of an affordable software package with a GUI that will apply FIR type filters in real time to a continuous but changing digitized audio signal? Ken...
36
36

Buck DC-DC converter online simulation
Online simulation of buck (step-down) DC-DC converter is ready. Read theory of operation:

PIC32 oscillator question
I'm using the following code to test my oscillator configuration setup, and I'm puzzled. No matter what values I use for fpllidiv, fpllodiv, fpllmul, etc., my PORTB scope waveform never changes its...
8
8

34970A data logger loss of serial port com
While running a fairly lengthy series of trials, the HP34970A logger started to flash it's front panal display and issue beeps, much as it does(but only once) when power is first applied. It wouldn't...
8
8