Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: EU group mulls 'remote car-stopping device' for police
It took generations to build the EU, it will take a bunch of misplaced morons to destroy it. Dimiter ------------------------------------------------------ Dimiter Popoff, TGI...
28
28

Humerous old Varian ads
13
13

a paractical question (finally)
Does anyone know where to buy those little wire clips (I'm going to have to describe, since I'm not sure what they are called.) They function like alligator clip test leads, except that the "grabber"...
9
9

ebay OLED module driven and powered from PC parport in Linux
ebay OLED module driven and powered from PC parport in Linux I bought ebay item 171069574803, a small OLED display module, 11$ Releasing new test code: This is C test code via PC parport using I2C...
4
4

RFID
Hi, I want to write my PC application able to work with RFID devices and i'm looking for an SDK able to: 1. Write RFID card registers 2. Compatible with MIFARE CLASSIC/ULTRALIGHT, FELICA, DESFIRE 3....
10
10

OT: Small / light NOT expensive PC with RS-232 port
Any suggestions along this line? It should support Windows, ideally Win2K, but Win7 (or XP SP2) if push comes to shove. Unfortunately, Win98SE is no longer an option unless a legal version is...
88
88

Solderless audio amplifier
The radio kit hasn't arrived yet (Thread of 18th Jan. Probably due to weather conditions here in Ontario) so I thought I'd try my hand at making my own audio amplifier kit. The requirements were as...
40
40

Pointers to electronic production resources please?
I am seeking input from the group regarding taking an electronic protoype i nto a packaged, ready to sell item. So, I've completed the schematics, board design, prototype fab (of boards), and tested...
24
24

Famous Probability example- what is it?
I am trying to remember where this famous example in probability comes from, but i can only remember bits and pieces of it: -There is something behind one of several doors -when you open one of the...
20
20

The ebay 10$ solar powered flashlight FM radio and mobile phone charger
So, yesterday my miniature Geiger counter tube came, and tested it, this is a very sensitive tube really, goes wild even if you just put some Thorium welding rods next to it, but anyways, time to...
9
9

squeezed light for wireless energy transfer
Hi, Here is an article about using "long-distance squeezed-state QET" (quantum energy teleportation) to transfer energy efficiently over long distances: Is this the same concept as using squeezed...
1
1

LCR Meter Using SoundCard - Revisited and surprised at NO Discussion!
What happened here? Where are all the circuit gurus to explain what I measured? Seriously, would like to know if results all wet, or there's a lot going on inside a cap I didn't know about. Again, The...
33
33

Pete Seeger, RIP...
Pete Seeger, RIP... ...Jim Thompson Seeger's famous fans included Bruce Springsteen.
60
60

Affordable USB DAQ for Geomagnetic Signals
I am using an AMP01 instrumentation amp to acquire signals from the Earth's magnetic field. After filtering, the 2Vpp output is a complex waveform within the 1-100Hz ELF band. My requirement is for a...
33
33

TEK Scope Probe question
Hi Guys, I'm looking at new probes for my 2400 series Tek scope. I see these on Ebay. Do you think these are real Tektronix probes or a Chinese knock off? One thing that make me question it, they have...
58
58