Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Microsoft Lync
A new client uses Microsoft Lync for Instant Messaging. At my office I use Skype. I understand there's a way to set up a link ;-) between the two, but I can't figure out how to do it. I have been...
2
2

predicting chaotic systems
1
1

OLED on PIC18
Wrote the logging code to 24LC1025 EEPROM, 2.5 days logging of counts per minute, time, and GPS position. Ported the GM counter code. Added Lipo battery control. Wrote the basic SDcard code, write...
1
1

X-Y CCD array availability?
I have wanted to have a low-cost imaging chip, similar to what's in a web c am or CCTV type camera, that is available to the experimenter. There are ma ny biomedical cell measurements that are best...
28
28

$500,000 scope
-Lasse
31
31

Re-imagined Baxandall photomultiplier power supply
This is a slightly modified version of the original circuit, with a Cockcro ft- Walton voltage doubler to reduce the number of turns on the secondary. It turns out that Greinacher invented it a decade...
24
24

Marconi 2030/2050 or HP 8657B or FLUKE 6082A or Anritsu MG3670B?
I am looking at some signal generators on Ebay. It is for synthesising modulated RF waveforms, with the modulation in the audio band, with the modulation source being about 1V RMS. Specifically it is...
3
3

new 90GSPS 8bit ADC
Hi, Just saw this story today about a new high speed ADC IC from IBM: 128GSPS at 8bits in the 2channel variant with on die tuning: "The 64 GS/s (giga-samples per second) chips for Semtech will be...

mag field sensors
Anybody working with magnetic field sensors? We want to measure ambient (ballpark 1 gauss) single-axis field strengths in a room, probably at several locations. We need a DC coupled field strength...
41
41

Upper management pushing for rollout of new technology without fully understanding security risks
4
4

RoHS,Reach,Conflict free..
BOMcheck was upgraded yesterday to become the first fully integrated Conflict Minerals and RoHS, REACH web database for suppliers The SEC's conflict mineral rule requires US-listed companies to...
3
3

Metaphor for Posting Engineering/Science Information to S.E.D.
3
3

Transitor as heater
Transistor as heater/ temp sensor. So in looking for a small heater one idea is to use a transistor as heater. And to take the idea one step further to use the same transistor (sequentially) As first...
62
62

Small heaters
Hi all, I'm mostly just flailing around looking for ideas. I want to make a small heater. Say 1-3 Watts, with resistance in the 10-100 ohm range. (At the moment I'm not quite sure how much power I'll...
53
53

How much current can an opamp source
Hello, How do you figure out how much current an opamp can source from the datashe et? I'm looking at this instrumentation amplifier (datasheet link below) an d the only things I find that relate to...
2
2