Subject Author Posted Replies

Fast RF diodes, breakdown voltage ratings
Related to another sample&hold thread I was wondering about the breakdown voltage of RF diodes. For example, the SMS7621 that John Larkin suggested looks really good at only 0.25pF capacitance. But...
42
42

Capacitive touch screens
Does anyone know any really good tutorials/whitepapers/whatever on how capacitive touch screens work? I don't need to design one, but I've got a 'puter with one that's susceptible to something one of...
3
3

PING: John Larkin TPS2024
Hi John, I seem to remember you having said that you have a TPS2024. When you get a moment could you take a look at the power adapter and see what it's rated at in terms of voltage output and current...
8
8

Buck-boost DC-DC converter online simulation
Online simulation of buck-boost converter DC-DC converter is ready. Buck-boost DC-DC converter has special feature that output voltage is with negative polarity, and absolute value of the output...

Wide Band Noise Source
I have seen plenty of published circuits for audio frequency white/pink noise generators. What is involved in producing noise up into the low GHz region? I don't care if it is flat, or other expensive...
20
20

Type of Modulation Used in Walkie Talkie
Does anyone know what the transmitted waveform of a current production walkie talkie looks like. Would it be suitable for continuous data transmission? Originally, I think they used FM. Are they all...
7
7

Wallwart substitution
I simple question if I may.....After somehow having an adapter burn out on me I don't have an exact replacement to the 16VAC Could I safely use a 12VAC instead? thanks.
17
17

1.5v to 450v
Hi all, What's the easiest way to obtain 450VDC from a 1.5V cell? (current unimportant)
80
80

Solder guard material
Maybe some electronics guru could help resolving this issue. A friend of mine who is interested in fabricating 1, 2 layer PCBs says that typical solder guard(the green stuff) on PCBs that has the...
11
11

FauxMOSFET Behavioral Model Has Been Updated... Now Includes Subcircuit Declaration...
FauxMOSFET Behavioral Model Has Been Updated... Now Includes Subcircuit Declaration... ...Jim Thompson
2
2

Current sense and efficient LED driver?
Please forgive me if this is total bull. Its late at night and I'm having trouble thinking clearing. I found one of Jim's circuits, to sense current: I'm wondering if it can be used to make an...
72
72

How do i choose a IC Battery Charger ?
regards about current set-up current? output current? Battery current? the goal is for a 3v6 1 cell Li-on Battery Tnx!!
9
9

Even my tools are happy when I cook

Partial law
news: John Fields

Radar generating transistor circuit?
I remember reading some while ago that LLL was working with fast switching transistors which generated "radar wavelength" signals. Then, as events go, a Georgia Tech Prof. raised a stink since he had...
31
31