Subject Author Posted Replies

mag field sensors
Anybody working with magnetic field sensors? We want to measure ambient (ballpark 1 gauss) single-axis field strengths in a room, probably at several locations. We need a DC coupled field strength...
41
41

Upper management pushing for rollout of new technology without fully understanding security risks
4
4

RoHS,Reach,Conflict free..
BOMcheck was upgraded yesterday to become the first fully integrated Conflict Minerals and RoHS, REACH web database for suppliers The SEC's conflict mineral rule requires US-listed companies to...
3
3

Metaphor for Posting Engineering/Science Information to S.E.D.
3
3

Transitor as heater
Transistor as heater/ temp sensor. So in looking for a small heater one idea is to use a transistor as heater. And to take the idea one step further to use the same transistor (sequentially) As first...
62
62

Small heaters
Hi all, I'm mostly just flailing around looking for ideas. I want to make a small heater. Say 1-3 Watts, with resistance in the 10-100 ohm range. (At the moment I'm not quite sure how much power I'll...
53
53

How much current can an opamp source
Hello, How do you figure out how much current an opamp can source from the datashe et? I'm looking at this instrumentation amplifier (datasheet link below) an d the only things I find that relate to...
2
2

Boonton 93A True RMS Voltmeter
Hi All, I bought a Boonton 93A True RMS Voltmeter at a hamfest last weekend. I paid $5.00, I figured it probably didn't work, but for $5, I'd have a project. I plugged it in tonight and it works,...
13
13

Clipping/peak Indicator Circuit Help
I have built one channel of the peak indicator below, but am having difficulty getting it to work as expected. The output of the op amp sits at around 5V, and then drops to 1V when the upper threshold...
29
29

current amplifier or current to voltage op-amp
Hi, I want to measure very weak piezoelectric signal from a quartz crystal dete ctor that mechanically vibrate. Although I can simply measure the output using a preamp, such as SRS 560, i t seems I...
41
41

OT: re US - rathole of dictatorship
..err..Obamaism. The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. -- Thomas Jefferson
66
66

Capacitance of a 0402 package
Folks, while looking for ferrite beads I came across this: The bead on the last page bottom right shows Z at around 800ohms at 3GHz. That comes to less than 0.07pF. Just wondering, how do they do this...
2
2

EME Moon Bounce: There has to be a signal in here somewhere!
Greetings I wonder if anyone has delved into the arcania of the DSP algorithm used in the W7PAU (if I remember right) moon echo experiment? I just wonder exactly what he did with the signal...
21
21

Call for Papers: 3rd International Conference on E-Learning and E-Technologies in Education ICEEE 2014
The Third International Conference on E-Learning and E-Technologies in Educ ation (ICEEE2014) March 18-20, 2014 Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia The...

OT: rejection
Subject: How to handle rejections Herbert A Millington Chair - Search Committee Whitson University College Hill, MA 34109 Dear Professor Millington, Thank you for your letter of March 16. After...
5
5