Subject Author Posted Replies

Tiny membrane converts radio waves to light
Tiny membrane converts radio waves to light: They bounce a laser beam of a DC biased capacitor that vibrates at its mechanical resonance when hit by radio waves. The new device has a room-temperature...
5
5

white noise generator is pink
White noise being swamped by 1/f noise?
18
18

EM770U 3G HSPA GSM modem
I brought a EM770U PCI express modem for my HP mini 301 laptop, but it lock s up the bios boot process when installed. The ebay seller said it works 1 00% on a Dell mini 1012. Is there reason that...
9
9

shipping, receiving
I'm continually astounded by how many big companies are brutalized by their own shipping and receiving departments. Things are lost, in limbo, in quarantine in Warehouse 99 until people sign off...
57
57

A switched attenuator for 100kHz to 300MHz
The Peregrine chips e.g. look nice but are expensive. Also I need to attenuate from 0dBm down to about -100dBm i.e. down to almost nothing. It's obvious why those chips only go down to 30db...
13
13

Basic Four quadrant bidirectional switch patented
This is insane: Cheers Klaus
12
12

.STEP FIle ??
Got a request for quoting IBIS model creation, and the potential client sent his data in .STEP file format. I have no clue what that is. I've made IBIS models from PWL files (which I suspect .STEP...
17
17

400 kV Tesla dropped in my mailbox today..
400 kV Tesla dropped in my mailbox today.. ebay item 141077605344 it actually works, so far as tested, already makes a strong noisy spark at 1.5 V supply. Will have to wait until I am finished with...
30
30

Happy Mardi Gras!
-- John Larkin Highland Technology Inc jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com Precision electronic instrumentation
6
6

STMicro Enters Arduino Market--Cortex M4 boards for less than $11
Well powerful is a relative term. These look like about 15% the power of a Raspberry Pi. And the Raspeberry Pi is about a quarter of the Beaglebone Black. But these M4 boards are cheap. $10 for the M4...
10
10

Opamp long term offset voltage drift
Hi I am involved in a design where we need long term stability. That means we need low long term offset drifts (we do production calibration) So, the OPA277 for example has 0.2uV/month (30uV initial...
21
21

IR Temperature probe with same spot size regardless of distance
Hi I would like to use a IR temperature probe to measure temperature on a PCB (it's for my home lab, so costs needs to be low) I've got a CNC machine, so the idea was to hook up a IR temperature probe...
25
25

Flyback converter
Even though some authors presents flyback converter as transformer isolated boost converter, it is more closer to reality that flyback dc-dc converter can be explained as transformer isolated...

Frequency synthesis, all-digital type
In addition to (AD9838 style) things with DAC outputs, there are PLL solutions to the make-me-a-frequency-to-order problem. Basically, start with a reference oscillator (F_ref) and divide it by a...
1
1

Agilent scope software promo
I know some have an Infineon scope, and this seems like pretty good deal. One SW option key turns on all software options (listed) starts 4/1/14 Cheers
1
1