Subject Author Posted Replies

Controlling a stupid robotic vacuum cleaner
So I have this LG homebot3, and it is stupid. You cannot even program an area where it should not go. Been thinking, the plus side is that it has an IR remote control. I can control it: turn left or...
37
37

Name and shame this 'scope manufacturer
Hi all, In this book (1986 edition) I'm reading on scopes, in the section on manufacturer's claims for bandwidth, it states: "The rated bandwidth of the highest quality oscilloscopes is quoted as that...
3
3

Happy PI day
3.1415926535897932384626433832795028841971693993751058209749445923078164062862089986280348253421170679...
6
6

Methods for improving 60kHz RF signal (WWVB)?
I have two "atomic clocks": one is a La Crosse LCD unit, the other an "analog" wall clock whose hands are driven by a WWVB-sync 1xAA-powered mechanism. Following the recent "let's screw with...
34
34

OT: Are you allowed to copy books for your own use? Classroom?
Hey, a copy shop manager (night) tried to tell me I couldn't copy sections of books. So the question before us is: May a person copy a book for their own use? and may a teacher copy parts of a book...
16
16

LED board, dremel'ed
Those are Avago 0603 LEDs, with the hacking done with a Dremel and a dental burr, onto an existing PCB. This is going inside one end of a machined tube test fixture; a photodetector assembly pokes...
39
39

Microscopic Combustion Engine
Runs on 50kHz AC and (burns?) water. About 100uM. Mikek
6
6

Ultimate PCB fab
I can't wait until they come out with 3D printers with outputs in FR-4, bulk copper (thin enough in resolution for conventional tracks, plus buildup), and ferrite loaded and dielectric loaded...
33
33

Drop-in replacement for fluorescent tube using string of LEDs.
I just bought a new 26" fluorescent tube for my old Maytag electric range. It costs $15 instead of the $3 you might pay for a standard-length 30" at Home Depot. Instead of tossing out the old tube, I...
10
10

HF Probe build help needed
I'm building a probe for a Boonton 92EA meter. I found a schematic and pictures here. Page down to the SMD PCB and see the pictures and a schematic just above pictures. See the parts used under, THE...
4
4

Bireciprocal lattice wave digital filter
Hello I am trying to model a bireciprocal Cauer filter in LTspice but I don't get the expected results. More precisely, using ?=(re(s)?1)/(re(s)+1) where re(s) is the realpart of the pole, gives this...
5
5

Self Powered Indicator (end of the story ...)
Hi all ! For those who are interrested on the topic here after i made this (mainly o n John Larkin and Jim Thompson ideas) I will evaluate this ... what do you think, please be gentle don't shout....
100
100

Cheap Teks with free shipping on ebay!
Cheap Teks with free shipping on ebay! Only 146$ ebay item number 261403529254
5
5

Switch Mode Wall Warts in Series
I used to wire two 12VDC 1A power adaptors in series to produce a split supply with center "ground". Now that it's all switch mode, there seems to be a problem with this. Is there any way around it?...
13
13

One chip causes entire digital piano to become garbage (venting....)
So we have this digital piano, purchased about 6 years go. It sits in the house and is rarely played. A few days ago some keys stopped working, and the ones that do work are playing the wrong note. In...
13
13