Subject Author Posted Replies

Franken McGyver
Except for the Lead
4

The Future of Semiconductor
Oh, the semiconductor! I've always wondered wondered what it was for. Thanks for helping. ;-)
1
1

ebay versus craigslist example
XL Microwave 2261 ISM/ U-NII Spectrum Monitor/ Analyzer Ebay price $2444 + $300 shipping Craigslist prince $600 and at $600 is is about double what it is worth. This is precisely why I don't do "buy...
10
10

Non-Contact Battery Charging and Comms
Are there any parts out there that provide for non-contact power and communications for electronic devices? I'm working on a product that'll consume low power (around 200mW), but that would benefit...
26
26

employment ad, please ignore
We may be in the market for a design engineer, or a project engineer, or an engineering technician, or maybe a paid intern, somebody who could help us get electronics designed. We don't so much have...
55
55

LCD Text Displays
It's been a long time (1992?) since I've designed one of these things into a product, and at that time the thing was just handed to me with a "here, put this in": Does anyone have any recent mileage...
6
6

measure E-field
Hi all, I've got a customer who is seeing a lot of fluorescent light interference/ pickup. I'd like a way for us to compare how bad things are in our labs. (Maybe it's really bad where he is, or it...
22
22

Likely bit rate from low Earth orbit
This is necessarily akin to asking the length of a piece of string. Still, anyone have a handle on the likely bit rates that are achieved when downloading data from low Earth orbit imaging satellites?...
18
18

Screening: Underground vs. Faraday
Does anyone have a rough idea of how positioning an device beneath the ground compares in effectiveness with the screening abilitiy of a good Faraday cage? In terms of depth and soil type, what would...
12
12

Dummy load questions
I recently made a dummy antenna from two MC14741 resistors connected together in series. The MC147xx datasheet contains no frequency specs. On the other hand, the EMC 32-1007 specifies a frequency...
14
14

Superclock III eprint restoration now available.
... at Still a few minor typos and such. This is a demo of a "level II" precyber Linotype age restoration of a magazine story. Done by starting with Acrobat's Cleartype and overlaying my Gonzo...
8
8

Darrell Chandler - RIP
We're dropping like flies :-( Childhood friend from 1946 all the way thru high school, 1958... Darrell Jackson Chandler, "A gentle and kind man," 74, of Huntington, WV went to be with the Lord on...
1
1

NE-2 I-V Curve ??
Anyone have an accurate I-V curve for an NE-2 neon indicator lamp? (I think it's time I applied TANH to it ;-) ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et | |...
127
127

About clocks
I added a clock display to my solar powered geiger counter logger... here it is shown synched to GPS. The little cut earpiece is the alarm, I promoted that to speaker, has the right impedance to be...
26
26

Looking for search term of this type cable
Two separate coax with a third braid over both of those. Thanks, Mikek PS. Not my excellent ascii artwork. Hope the font works! - - - | | | | - | | | | Signal(+) | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | Inner...
7
7