Subject Author Posted Replies

OT: Fastener Question
Does such a fastener exist... I want to snap a steel bar over these "pegs" but with a quick push-to-release feature. Thanks! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | | Analog Innovations | et |...
23
23

The stupidity of slimulations
The stupidity of slimulations. I have noticed a lot of simulating people using slimulations as replacement for reality. I am a bit pissed so if you are offended you could be one of them :-) We see...
187
187

Are physical dimensions on 74xxx devices identical ??
Could some electronics guru please clarify my possibly silly questions ? 1. Are pin separation distances the same on any two 74xx series devices ? 2. Are the widths of the ICs the same on any two 74xx...
13
13

Tek TPS20xx battery life? JL?
I bought a Tek TPS2012 scope (not sure; maybe 2 years ago) for one of my techs. He hasn't used it very much, but its battery is kaput - it won't even boot unless the plugged into the charger. The...
3
3

scope probe impedance
All, I am looking at a Tektronix TDS3054B Digital Oscilloscope. 1.) In the specs for the scope the input impedance is shown as: 1 M? in parallel with 13 pF or 50 ? 2.) The probes that I have to use...
9
9

STEP file, which viewer?
Folks, Got a file in "STEP" format from a client. Yet another drawing format ... So how can I make this visible on a Windows PC? There seem to be a gazillion viewers. Which one is good and, most of...
72
72

Dropping a few tenths of a volt problem
Hi all, I have a problem for which I have a 'solution' but it involves cramming a quart into a pint pot space-wise, so I was wondering if anyone can come up wth something slimmer and more elegant? I'm...
136
136

damned clouds
On the cover of the latest Science News, this headline: Clouds Complicate Climate Prediction Gosh. -- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
10
10

What is a Cypress 990520-1B?
Do they have any use besides electronic jewelry? 1987 date code 20 pin flatpack in carrier. -- Many thanks, Don Lancaster voice phone: (928)428-4073 Synergetics 3860 West First Street Box 809...
1
1

IF Statement Notation
Anyone know how to interpret this IF (I think) statement... PMI=(PM>=0)?((PM==0)?1000:PM):PMC it's in a notation-style I don't understand. Thanks! ...Jim Thompson -- | James E.Thompson | mens | |...
15
15

Noise figure measurement by your bootstraps
Jerry Johnson, pillar and chief guru of the Amateur Microwaves mailing list, posted a link to this paper, which is a method for calibrating noise figure without either a calibrated noise source or a...
3
3

ohm meter battery
I found this circuit somewhere, (I can't remember) to replace the 1.50 volt battery in a VTVM. I have an RCA WV98C Senior Voltohmyst VTVM that is in p erfect condition but doesn't get used very often....
13
13

Thick film resistor
Hi all, In the search for small heaters/ resistors, my boss removed the plastic from one of these Ohmite thick film resistors. Here's a picture. (a bit blurry sorry) He was able to grind all the way...
27
27

Plug for new Ozzie / US Arduino / OLED product
looks nice: useful? (time tells all)

Small photocells
Like those found in light powered pocket calculators etc., I spent may be 15 minutes searching and found nothing. Perhaps I am missing some word - photovoltaic etc. refer me to large panels, anyway, I...
5
5