Subject Author Posted Replies

car usb charger not durable
I have gone through several car usb chargers that plugs into cigarette lighter plug. They usually die in a few months. I just opened one up and it has a 34063a IC in it. The circuit is probably...
28
28

great invention
-- John Larkin Highland Technology, Inc jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
120
120

measuring uV
Hi there,I'm new to the group and need to match transistors for a synth pro ject.I have diagrams for a transistor matching cct but need to measure diff erences in the region of digital meters lowest...
21
21

Code reader
Does/Has anyone make/made a IR remote code reader? I'm thinking a IR sensor, a few parts, USA, and a SMOP as my old boss would say. With this you could read the codes coming from various remotes....
13
13

Reduce 6 Vdc to 4.5 Vdc
What would I need to reduce 6 Vdc -> 4.5 Vdc. It would power some LED lights. I don't know what current they draw, but they only last about 5 hrs. using 3 AAA alkaline batteries. Thanks.
42
42

Telephone Spammers
I just experienced a telephone spammer who sent my own telephone number as the CID! Anyone else experienced that? Since I use Ooma, I wonder if I can't simply blacklist my own number? I'll ask...
14
14

high value 0.1% resistors
I need some 2.0 meg and 2.49 meg resistors, 0603, ROHS, 0.1% or maybe 0.25%. The usual suspects, Digikey and Mouser, seem to stop at 1M. Can anybody recommend suppliers?
100
100

dual gate mosfet oscillator
Anyone have any experience with how dual gate mosfets perform in a crystal oscillator role, at low voltages (< 3 v), at frequencies say 200 - 500 MHz?
22
22

Where can I buy replacement test lead probes?
I've been playing around with electronics for around 50 years. In the old days, test lead probes had tips that screw into the probe insulator (the part you hold). Those old ones were easy to fix, just...
12
12

Speaker in a sealed unit
I'm working on a project that features a water-tight enclosure. It's not hermetically sealed -- there's a pressure relief valve -- but the customer wants it to work while waterproof. Any suggestions...
19
19

Very precise xtal oscillator?
Someone has no doubt done this, but I am interested in measuring very small changes in a xtal when it accumulates a surface material. I used simple versions in a vacuum chamber for thin film...
35
35

Nice HP scope going cheap
I'd buy it if I didn't have 7 scopes already. Cheers Phil Hobbs -- Dr Philip C D Hobbs Principal Consultant ElectroOptical Innovations LLC Optics, Electro-optics, Photonics, Analog Electronics 160...
52
52

Scary Sub-Audio Generator
If I start this project now, it might be ready for Halloween. But ... how might it work? Richard Clarke
27
27

DIY CRO Protection HV Probe
I have been experimenting with HV circuits that generate up to 10KVAC within the audio range. The usual oscillator and step-up transformer configurations. I would like to check the output waveforms on...
4
4

Weight of a 1210 SMT capacitor?
Google search has finally failed me. I can't find the weight of a 1210 SMT capacitor so that I can guestimate its final temperature from the dissipation and the specific heat. All I can find is either...
21
21