Subject Author Posted Replies

Ham radio operator records first alien TV program
Ham radio operator records first alien TV program, more at: http://217.120.43.67:8077/
9
9

Op-Amp Sawtooth Generator
Op-Amp Sawtooth Generator is unavoidable part of PWM modulators and so part of analog control circuits. Now it can be simulated: Also read the theory of operation:
1
1

PowerExtreme announces a power supply that works on cookies !
April Fools ! =D Bye, Skybuck =D

Want to verify triac BT146 pinout
Could some electronics guru please help ? I want to verify the pinout scheme for the BT146 triac. I have used a BT140 triac before, and for this the pinout scheme, is: Left to right 1 _> 2 -> 3 _> Tab...
1
1

Need another reprint
Somewhere around 1969 or 1970 and possibly in Radio Electronics, I did a Dot and Bar television alignment generator construction project that I'd like to archive. Possibly called the Dot n Bar. I seem...
1
1

12v to 300v @ 1200W
I may need to do a 12vdc to 300vdc converter good for 3 amps. I'm guessing near 1200w on the input side when efficiency taken in. I'm thinking push-pull or half-bridge. I'm leaning towards the...
16
16

CELLULAR INTERFACE
Hi all Is there a way to interface a cellular phone so an external device will be able to read the incoming call number ? Maybe some custom cellular receivers that offer this ? Elico
1
1

WIRELESS BASED ELECTRICGATES
Hi How those electric gates work. I mean electric gates that are opened by dialing to a cellular number that make the gate open ? Thanks Elico
3
3

Less obese Verilog tools
Hi, all, I'm building a lock-in that needs to run for exactly 15 cycles and then stop, and have nonoverlapping switch waveforms with enough dead time to allow the input signal to settle. It's an easy...
34
34

Lucky book find!
Hi all, Whilst at some stranger's house on completely unrelated business I noticed a book in a waste basket in his study. On plucking it out I found it was called, 'Low Level Measurements for...
37
37

What's a good, really hgih speed 'soundcard'
Are there any Soundcard-like Systems out there that will do 16, 18, or even 20 bits at 100, 200, or even 500MSs ?? Know all the pieces exist, just need an AC coupled system already running and can be...
81
81

Arduino Day
If you like Arduino, today is Arduino day and today only Sparkfun has Arduino board versions starting from $3. Limit of 2 per order.

GSM module, which can send SMS
Hi I am looking for a setup, which can send and SMS to me when movement is registered in my garage. Basically a PIR sensor and some electronics and a GSM transmitter. (well, a magnetic reed relay on...
4
4

Very durable electrolytics or similar?
Folks, Looks like I may not be able to get away without electrolytics this time. I need well north of 100uF and rated 200VDC or higher. The problem: Heat in conjunction with a required high MTBF. The...
183
183

3M MDR IDC connector vs flat cable pitch
I was wondering if anyone could clear up some confusion regarding connector pitch vs flat cable pitch. 3M advertises their MDR series of connectors a s being 0.050" pitch, which is the horizontal...